Monday, July 13, 2009

CCC-Butterflies and Blossoms

First off let me say that I had a fabulous time camping! Our camper was super comfy and we were very thankful for the working AC! I even enjoyed playing in the lake with my son because the lake water was surprisingly warmish!

It's another Monday and that means it's time for another new challenge on Cupcake Craft Challenges. I'm so happy that last week wasn't the end of things!! I also was blown away by the fabulous things so many of you created with my theme! Kudos to you all on a great job and I hated having to only pick five creations for the CCC Top 5!!

This week's challenge has been brought to you by my fabulous fellow DT member Liza! Liza has decided to give us the theme of "Butterflies and Blossoms"! Your challenge (should you choose to accept it) is to make a creation using this theme! Easy-peasy!

Because I didn't have a lot of time for crafting this week due to getting ready for camping, I wasn' t able to spend a lot of time putting anything together...but I did come up with this very shiny card for my DT sample! The main focal point is this lovely sentiment from my Buggy Sayings stamp set by Paper Makeup Stamps. I matched it with some delightfully blingy cardstock that I snagged recently. I just love the silver embossing of the swirls, flowers and butterflies! There are also stars and butterflies on the paper in pale blue which I chose for my layering.

I love the silver in the cardstock design, so I decided to use this very blingy silver ribbon as one of my finishing touches. Last but not the least I added three pale blue gems to the sentiment. Boy, when this card hits the sunshine, it's nearly blinding!

Card Details
Size: 4.25" x 5.5"

Sentiment: Buggy Sayings (PMS); Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento); Paper: CS-Green/Silver Butterflies and blossoms (DCWV), CS-Pale Blue (paper Studio) and CS-White (GP); Misc.: adhesive blue gems, silver metallic ribbon

Don't forget Mondays are my double post days! So make sure you read my Paper Makeup Stamps Monday Challenge post too!

3 Words of Love:

Stephanie said...

Lisa I love your card, love that the sentiment is the focus... I also love your rainbow/button card!

Katie Cotton said...

this is so sweet!

Liza said...

Lisa, this card is gorgeous, I love your DP and the sentiment.

Liza x

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps