Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Birthday for Gus (SASSC25)

I was looking through my cards and realised I didn't have nearly enough birthday ones! So for this week's Stamps and Smiles Sketch Challenge #25 on The Fresh Batch, I decided to pull out my little party monster Gus! Gus is one of the sweet monsters by Paper Makeup Stamps and so much fun!

In his little sparkly red bowtie and rainbow party hat, he's hip and ready to celebrate a birthday!

Gus was colored using a mix of SU, BIC and Prismacolor markers. The paper is by Paper Studio. I used my sewing machine to zigzap stitch around the green cardstock. The ribbon is from my stash and I made it into a bow by adding a brad to hold the shape. The birthday sentiment is from an old SU set and I traced the letters with my Real Red and Gable Green SU markers. I outlined the shape using Summer Sun marker and then going over that with Stickles (using Star Dust) to add some sparkle. I used my Christmas Red Stickles to outline the image layer--and on his bowtie. I used Xmas Red, Orange Peel, Yellow, Lime, Icicle and Denim for the hat glitter. The sentiment was cut out using my Peony Nesties and I added three yellow brads to finish it off.

Nothing stunningly amazing, but still definitely fun!

Don't forget to check out the Freebie Friday Giveaway on the Paper Makeup Stamps blog! It's a super cute piece of Word Art and you only have until July 30th to Download it! You can find it HERE.

And remember that the Paper Makeup Stamps Sneak Peak fun begins on Monday August 3rd with the big release party on for August 7th! We are excited to show you all the goodies Katie and her stamp designers came up with!

7 Words of Love:

Toothy said...

Cute, I just love that party monster, nice layout too.

Tina said...

So cute! I love all the color!

Kim said...

Great choice for a birthday card, Lisa. So bright and cheerful for a special day!

Christi said...

Too stinkin' cute! Love the colors!

CraftyC said...

This is a great card Lisa, love the monster, he's quite cute!!
Clairex

Jennifer Meyer said...

Your card is adorable Lisa, I LOVE the Monster, "Gus"! What a fun design using our sketch this week!

Thanks for playing along with Stamps and Smiles,
Jennifer :)

Katie Cotton said...

very cute card!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps