Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Belly Banded Gift Card Holders

Morning ladies! My post for today is just to share some gift card holders I whipped up last night and this morning. I just love making them because they are super easy and super cute! I've tried many different styles, but this one is my favorite. I got the basic design from this video tutorial on YouTube. I like the look and the limited supplies required. I tweaked my version a little by adding a cute belly band, so I decided to list the measurements in my post for quick reference.

Here are the pics of two of the ones I made:

Black and White


Pink and Green



Here are the measurements and supplies needed to make these.

Gift Card Holders w/Belly Band

Cardstock base:
7" x 4.25" (Score at 4.5" and 1.5" on long side)

Patterned Paper:
#1 4" x 2.25"
#2 4" x 1.25"
#3 (opt) 4" x 2.75"
#4 (opt) 4" x 2.25"

Cardstock for belly band:
9.75" x .75" (Score at 4.25" and 8.5")

Other supplies:
2 mini brads
1 large gem brad
flowers

The belly band on my cards was embossed using the "Swiss Dots" and "Stylized Flowers" folders. I just put them in the folders in sections to run them through. I think it really adds a lot. The pink and green gift card holder has some extra pieces of paper (the "optionals"). There is a piece of the paisley (4" x 2.75") on the back and the piece of green (4" x 2.25") on the inside top. I just opted to add these pieces, which is why I added their measurements.

All my paper is by The Paper Studio and can be found at most Hobby Lobby's. My white cardstock is Georgia Pacific. The flowers are paper flowers I found at Hobby Lobby, except for the pink one which I punched using my small daisy punch (Marvy).

Have a fabulous day!

7 Words of Love:

Sprytebyrd said...

Such a cute idea, Lisa! I'm definitely going to have to remember this one!

Liza said...

These are gorgeous Lisa, thanks for sharing, I will have to give these a go.

Liza x

Tenia Nelson said...

Very cute!! tfs!!

Donna Baker said...

I love these gift card holders! thanks for visiting my blog today with Taylored Expressions hop! So sad to see you lost your kitty on July 6th :-(

Toothy said...

Love them, I love simple and cute projects.

Adela said...

These two are super cute!

Oma said...

Love these gift card holders! Thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps