Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Weiman Wrangers--a Delightful Download for The Pink Elephant

He was too cute to leave for later, so I decided to go ahead and use Cowboy Ethan from the Weiman Wranglers (Pink Cat Studio). For more information about this special digi stamp set, please stop HERE.
This is a double challenge entry card. The layout is from The Pink Elephant Challenge #20 and the use of a digi download is for this week's Papertake Weekly challenge-Delightful Downloads.

Cowboy Ethan was colored with a mix of my BIC, Copic and Prismacolor markers. I cut him out an mounted him in the middle of the squares replacing the circle that was in the sketch (I hope it still counts for TPE!). You know me. I don't like circles since I don't have the gizmos to cut them out...LOL! Anyways, this super cute paper is Boy Stars and Boy Stripes by Paper Studio. I went a bit different and chose to match the brown in the horse for my layer of cardstock. But brown goes with everything, right?

Cowboy Ethan has a silver belt buckle and strip on his hat (using Stardust Stickles) and I did him a nice navy balloon (using Distressed Stickles). With the addition of the four silver brads, I considered it complete! The inside is stamped with a "Happy Birthday, Cowboy" sentiment.

Card Details
Size: 5 1/4" Square

Image/Sentiment: Weiman Wranglers (Pink Cat Studios); Coloring Medium: BIC, Copic and Prismacolor markers; Paper: CS- Navy, Cream and Coffee (Paper Studio), CS-White (GP), and PP-Boy Stripes and Boy Stars (The Paper Co.); Misc.: Stickles (Silver and Faded Jeans), dimensionals, silver brads

I hope that you will go back and see my other post from today as it has the matching Cowgirl Ava image on it and gives all the information you need regarding ordering this special charity stamp set!

7 Words of Love:

Toothy said...

I love the layout and love how you cut him out and popped him up.

Dawny P said...

Hi Lisa xx This is a fabulous card chick. I love the image and just had to go and buy it :) Love the papers you used as well. Thank you for joining us at PTW, hugs, Dawny xxxxx

Ann said...

A really great card and the images are fantastic. I'm going to get those - such a worthy cause too.

Ann xxx
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

Cardmaking Galore said...

This is just fab! love the colour scheme.

Carol said...

Such a great card Lisa! A heart wrenching story though.....how would anyone cope with that?
Thanks for joining us at TPE and for highlighting the story :)

Hugs
Carol x

LORi said...

Superb!! Wonderful!!

Thanks for sharing AND Giving!!
HUGS!!

Bee said...

Wonderful card, great presentation and colouring of the cute image :)
- Bee Crafty

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps