Thursday, June 18, 2009

Viva la Verve Challenge #3: Daisy's of Tomorrow

The Viva La Verve Challenge #3 for June is one that was really fun to put together. We were given another sketch follow follow (found HERE) and then yet another...

{Twist}
*Use as much white as you can!

White seems to be the theme of nearly all the challenges these days. Probably because it's hard to keep cards colorless! I know it is for me! But there is something about a white card that just appeals to me too...

My card is very true to the sketch. I decided that my white was going to have a touch of sunshine! I was inspired by these awesome daisy's I found at Big Lots yesterday. They are K&Co and were in a pack of 40 for just $2! Now I wish I had bought some more! LOL!

I used an embossed card front that I had in my stash as a focal point and then layered it on yellow textured cardstock. I used a small strip of the same cardstock for my horizonal piece after first running it through my Threading Water Punch. I attached a piece of white grosgrain ribbon and then added the bow! My sentiment is one of the Plain Jane Verses by Verve. I just stamped it on a scallop punch-out (2") and then dabbled a little Stickles (yellow) on the edges cause I have to have my sparkle!

3 weeks down...and two to go!! I'm super excited that I've been able to complete these challenges. If you missed my week #1 and #2 result, you can find them HERE.

Thanks for looking!!

5 Words of Love:

Karen said...

Gorjus card Lisa. Love the colours and those Daisies.

love Karen x

Kim said...

OMG Lisa, that is just absolutely stunning!!!!!

Cr8ive ME said...

what an elegant card

M.E. aka CMCMaryD@SCS

NormaJean said...

Oh wow lisa, that card is beautiful!!
Hugs Norma

Ann said...

Beautiful!!!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps