Friday, June 19, 2009

Viva la Verve #4: Inspiration from my Paper Bin

I did it! I completed all four of the June Viva la Verve Challenges on the VERVE forum on SCS. I'm super excited because it was sometimes quite a challenge. This week's challenge was no different. It was another sketch challenge with a...

{Twist}

*Use one piece of patterned paper for your inspiration. You can only use one piece on your card--even if it's double sided, you can only use one side of it.

I dug around in my patterned paper collection and found this gem of a design which has been sitting untouched since I bought it. Isn't it so beautiful? I was inspired by the coolness of the purples and blues as well as those fabulous vines. I brought out more the vines in the embossed cardstock I added. I used a scallop oval instead of the circle on the sketch because I like ovals better. :)

The sentiment is from the Fluttering By set by Verve. Can you see the tiny gems I added to all the lowercase "i's" in the second line of the sentiment? I thought they were a nice touch and went well with the larger ones in the bottom corner.

Instead of making a true bow with my ribbon, I did a knot bow, and then added a sheer piece of ribbon to the knot...I like the look that it gave me, so I will be using that trick again! Once the ribbon was added I went around the edge of that piece of cardstock with some Stickles (stardust) for my trademark sparkle. I think it looks beautiful when the sun hits it!

I thought it would be nice to go back and look at the other three entries that I made for this month's challenge:

Week #1 VLVJun01

Week #2 VLVJun02

Week #3 VLVJUN03


And then Week #4 VLVJUN04 is the one at the top of this post! So now I get to wait and see if I get chosen to win the big prize for entering the challenges for the month! I never win anything BIG, so I'm not holding my breath!

I can't wait to see what July will bring for my creativity!

1 Words of Love:

Kim said...

Good golly girly, you have totally ROCKED those challenges. Those cards are so beautiful - you should be so proud!!!!!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps