Sunday, June 14, 2009

Two-Fold Gift Card Holder

My family loves gift cards. We give them to everyone for nearly any celebration: Birthday's, Anniversary's, Wedding's, Father's Day, Mother's Day, etc...Because of this I'm always on the lookout for super cute and easy gift card holders. I found one that I love over in Dawn Griffiths Video Archive...If you have never checked it out, you totally need to go over there! She has tutorials for soooo many projects and techniques and her videos are very easy to follow! This video is called "Gift Card from Mary" and it is a cute two-fold gift card holder!

I used some coordinating paper (Boy Stars, Boy Stripes) that I picked up at Hobby Lobby. I decided to make this a more of project for the boys, so I went with Orange and Navy as my main colors. This little monster on the front is Gus and he's one of the monsters that just got released for Summer 2009 by Paper Makeup Stamps. He's definitely my fave of all the monsters right now. So cute! I colored and cut him out and then mounted him on layers of cream, navy and orange. I jazzed his bow-tie up with some of the Tim Holtz Distressed Stickles (Denim) and added some regular Stickles (Stardust) to his nifty hat! My "Birthday wishes" and the stars inside the holder both come from the same Clear Stamps birthday set...which unfortunately I don't have the name of. Whoops!

Here on the left you can see what it looks like when you open it up. In the video, Dawn didn't decorate the inside, but I liked the idea of having a place to write. I also didn't use a word punch for the gift card slot (don't have one!) so I just made a slit using my paper trimmer that was 1/4" wider then the gift card. My slit measures 2 3/8".

I really like this gift card holder and it fits into a regular square envelope since it's just 4.25" square when folded up.

Gift Card Holder Details
Size: 4.25" Square when folded

Image/Sentiment: Gus (PMS) and sentiments from a Clear Stamps set; Ink: Graphite Black (Brilliance); Coloring Medium: BIC markers; Paper: CS-Orange and Navy (Paper Studio), CS-Cream (From stash), PP-"Boy Stripes" and "Boy Stars" (Paper Studio); Misc.: navy brads (SU), Stickles (listed above), dimensionals, navy grosgrain ribbon

If you keep an eye out this week, I'm going to be posting a couple other gift card or money holders--perfect for graduation, Father's Day or any other occasion!

11 Words of Love:

NormaJean said...

Lisa, what a great gift card for a kid, I love it!

Toothy said...

Cute, I never tried this one either, because I didn't have a window word punch.

Kim said...

Lisa, that is so cute!

Dana Hatch said...

Nice work!

Gina said...

This is great, thanks for the link. We give lots of gift cards too. I love the sparkle on the hat.

Crafty Creations said...

This is great! Isn't Dawn awesome! I've made a few of these and they are fun to give away :)

Susan (peebsmama) said...

such a neat idea for a gift card holder with room for a note too.

Louise Forsyth said...

This is really cute! Love the colours and the image too.

tmcc4 said...

Very cute!! I really need to try my hand at boxes they look real cool..TFS!
Mandy

Katie Cotton said...

love it!

Harper said...

Handmade gifts are so special!! Those are very cute cards!! I just love to make cards for my friends and family...

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps