Friday, June 26, 2009

Turtle Kissing Leapfrog for Bellarific Friday!

*This is my second post for today, so make sure you read my other one too*

Okay, admit it! If you clicked on this post because I'm on your blog list, you know you did it because you had to find out about the Turtle Kissing Leapfrog! ROTFL! I'll tell you where that came from in a minute, but first let me introduce you to my super cute (In my humble opinion) entry for this week's Bellarific Friday Challenge! Once again we had an awesome sketch to follow! If this layout looks familiar it's because I used it for my Bellarific Birthday Blog Hop card yesterday too! I'm telling you I love this layout!

Now onto the card. Did you know that I did double paper piecing on this little TURTLE Tot (Picking Posies)? Yep, I stamped him three times: #1 on white, #2 on Kiwi KISS, and #3 on this awesome patterned paper called LEAPFROG. I was so excited to find out that the Kiwi Kiss (SU!) was a perfect match to this paper! I discovered it in the clearance bin at Hobby Lobby on Wednesday and snagged several pieces! Anyways, so I paper pieced the belly of this turtle to the belly of the one stamped on the Kiwi Kiss. Then I cut out the body from the Kiwi Kiss. I used my Mocha Prismacolor around the edges of his shell for a darker color. Then I adhered him to the image stamped on white paper.

BUT...before I adhered him to the white paper, I did some sponging to the background. I sponged Olive Green (Cateye) to the grass and then with masking stamped very lightly some Ice Blue (Cateye) to the sky. Then I colored the flowers with my BIC (Moonstone yellow) marker and went over the stems with my Certainly Celery SU marker. THEN I attached the turtle to his background.

From then on it was a piece of cake putting it together. I used the Kiwi Kiss striped grosgrain ribbon, added some white gems to the center of the flowers, added a few white doodledots to the Kiwi Kiss cardstock and then stamped my sentiment on the corner of the patterned paper.

I'm seriously in love with this card. I wish I had more Kiwi Kiss, but as you and I both know it is being retired, so I must just bit it a fond farewell.

So there you have my card in all it's Turtle Kissing Leapfrog glory--did you catch where that all fit in?? Turtle (used a Turtle Tot), Kissing (used Kiwi Kiss cardstock) and Leapfrog (the design name of the patterned paper). Got it? LOL!

Have a fabulous Friday and don't forget that there are only 5 more days left in my Blogoversary countdown before the big Grand Prize Drawing! Don't miss your chance to win some delightful blog candy!! Click HERE for more information.

6 Words of Love:

Toothy said...

Love the paper and the paper piecing, nice color.

Heather said...

I LOVe this card ;)!!
Beautiful paper piecing.. and I love your name (and why) so cute!

Kim said...

Oh Lisa, that is just so stinkin' cute!

sanwanyak said...

Love your title,and love how you paper pirced the little critter,great card Lisa

Saskia said...

Beautiful card, so sweet!!!

Saskia :)

Teena in Toronto said...

Happy blogoversary!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps