Monday, June 22, 2009

A Sketchy Cupcake Digi Challenge

*This is my first post for the day, so make sure you scroll up (or click newer post) to see my other one*

It's Monday and that means it's time for another challenge over at Cupcake Craft Challenges! This weeks challenge is {special}: not only is it a sketch challenge, but there is also a prize up for grabs! This week the group has been sponsored by Sandra Dry Digi Designs and she is offering up a free digi stamp as a prize! Each of the CCC design team members was able to browse her website and snag a digi to demo for you!

With Father's Day yesterday, I knew that I needed to snag a design to use for a Father's Day card. Although I was loving her fairies it was this digi which called my name. Everytime I see it I think of my son (age 3) and how much he loves riding on daddy's shoulders. This digi is called Bobby and Daddy and is available right now on her website. It has a matching digi called Bonnie and Daddy which is perfect for anyone little girl who loves riding on daddy's shoulders too.

This digi stamp was very clear and I just printed it off my ink-jet printer (HP ink) onto white cardstock (Georgia Pacific). I was able to use my BIC (lime green, honey brown, summer melon, woodsy brown), Copic (E00), SU (bashful blue) and Prismacolor (Cool Grey 30%) without any trouble. The way to keep the printer ink from smearing is to go right next to the edge, without touching it. Took me two tries before I got it just right! LOL! I don't think you can see them, but I added tiny freckles to Bobby's cheeks...because ALL the kids in my family have them! :)

Check out that bow! I've never tied a knotted bow that nice before! LOL! The sentiments are from a Studio G Father's Day set I snagged at JoAnn's for $1. It actually has two other stamps in it (pops, my old man) but I wanted to keep the names for dad kid friendly! I stamped them in black, then gave them a shadow using the Bashful Blue SU marker.

At first I wasn't fond of this card, but with a couple changes, it's now kinda cute! I really hope you will take the chance to check out the other CCC Design Team members entries for this week so you can see more of Sandra Dry's super cute Digi Stamps!

3 Words of Love:

Stephanie said...

Great Card Lisa, I didn't like my card either and I still don't LOL! I think yours is awesome.

Caryn said...

Aw, I love that the boy has freckles!!! Very cute card.

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Donna said...

Hi Lisa, I like your card, the papers are fantastic and I love the way you have coloured your image and well done on such a beautifully tied knot :) Donna x

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps