Sunday, June 07, 2009

PMS Release Party Challenge #1- Rich Regals!

*This is my second post for today! You can find my other post HERE (or scroll down if you are on my homepage)*

The Paper Makeup Stamps Release Party on the Paper Makeup Stamps Forum is in full swing and the three party challenges have been released! The first challenge (PMSRP07) is a SU color one: Night of Navy, Rose Red and Brocade Blue. You are allowed to use any stamps in the challenge, but if you have PMS ones, why not ink them up??

The great news is that not only do you have a week to finish this card and get it uploaded to SCS, PCP or your blog, but there will be a drawing from all the entries and the winner is going to get something GREAT!!

Now I do not have SU supplies (other then the bare minimum!) so I had to match these three shades from the cardstock I have on hand to the colors in the SU Catty. I think I did well on the navy and blue, but I'm not 100% satisfied with my choice for the Rose Red. Oh well...

If you are familiar with the PMS line of Beautiful Day Fairies, you will recognise this fairy as Kirsten...but you will notice something is missing! Yeppers, I "de-winged" her! One of the reasons I did this was to show you how versatile these fairies truly are. If you didn't know this was a fairy, I don't think you would ever have guessed! The other reason I did it was because I have some friends who are not fairy fans (including my own mom!) and I wanted to still be able to use the stamps!

Kirsten is colored with a mix of BICS (Midnight Navy, Tiki Hut Tan, Honey Brown, Prairie Berry), Prismacolor (Dark Olive Green) and Copics (E00 and R20). I went over her pants button with Stickles (using silver) and dabbed her dandelion with Stickles (using stardust). The sentiment is one that I purchased from Verve Stamps. I thought it was perfect to pair with Kirsten! I went over the words "Flowers" and "Today" with my black Spicca pen for some extra shine.

The flower paper is from a pad of homemade paper that I was RAK'd. I just loved it and it happened to be the right colors! All my other paper is from the Paper Studio or my stash.

Gotta go {rustle up some grub for my boys}! Not to mention finish my card for an assignment tomorrow! I'll be working on the other two challenges for the release party throughout the week since we have a week to get them all done!

Have a great night!

10 Words of Love:

Dana Hatch said...

Great card and I really like the saying on it!

scramptastic said...

cute card. glad to see i am not the only one using bics to color too

Christi said...

This is wonderful!! I love it!!

Kim said...

Lisa, great job - she's one of my fave fairies and you did a great job coloring her. I love that sentiment too!!!!

Gina said...

that is gorgeous! The homemade paper is the perfect addition here. Great job coloring her!

Crafty Creations said...

Lovely card!!! Cheer up sleepy jean! Sorry - just singing along w/ your blog music !!!

Michelle Forrest aka transprntbutterfly said...

Great card! Nice to see I am not the only one who colors with Bics, Prismas and Copics!

Michelle said...

absolutely gorgeous! TFS!!

Dawn Mercedes said...

I love this!

Katie Cotton said...

great card hun!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps