Monday, June 29, 2009

PMS Monday Challenge: Fee Fi Faux...Silk!

This week's Monday Challenge on the Paper Makeup Stamps blog is brought to us by the fabulous Tina Hale! Tina has decided to give us a new technique: Faux Silk! My DT card for this challenge is super simple, but I think the added Faux Silk makes it look elegant! Don't be worried about this technique, if you have tissue paper and stamps, you are set! You can find the link to the technique over on the challenge post. I used a flower from one of my new Josie Stamp sets. I stamped it in Ancient Page Black ink, then colored using a pink watercolor pencil to middle of the petals very gently. Then with quick strokes, I used my blender pen to fill them in a bit. It works perfectly every time. I mounted the tissue onto a piece of white cardstock using regular old Elmer's Glue Stick and trimmed the excess off. Gotta love those things!

My card features one of the quotes from the Paper Makeup Stamps "Believe Scripture Set". This set is probably one of my most favorite and you have seen me use this particular stamp from the set many times. I stamped it on an oval Nesties cutout that I was RAK'd (Thank you sooo much, L.Ann!) I went over the words "stands forever" with my black Spicca pen and then went around the edge of the oval with Stickles (using Cotton Candy). I re-layered my faux silk paper on another piece of white cardstock for the actual layered look. I used a piece of my 5/8" Black satin ribbon with a knot-bow then just adhered everything to a black cardstock card base. The oval is popped up using dimensionals. The four pink gems finished everything off.

I really hope you will try this technique out and if you do, make sure you link up to the Monday Challenge post for this week so you'll be in our Sunday Share! And if you upload any cards or projects that have used PMS stamps to Splitcoaststampers or PaperCraftPlanet...make sure you put "PMS" in your keywords/tags! We want to be able to see your beautiful creations!

And don't forget--the Paper Makeup Stamps July Release Sneak Peaks will begin on Thursday, July 2nd!!

Have a fabulous day!

2 Words of Love:

Tina said...

Wow, so pretty! I never thought about using colored tissue paper, clever.

Kim said...

Lisa, that is so beautiful!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps