Monday, June 08, 2009

PMS Monday Challenge and Party Challenge #2 too!

*This is my SECOND post for today, so make sure you scroll down, or click HERE to read the first one*

The Paper Makeup Release party yesterday was a happening and hopping place to be! We had a record turn out and it was sooo much fun gabbing! Part of the party consists of three challenges. Challenge #1 (PMSRP07) was a color challenge (you can see my entry HERE) and Challenge #2 (PMSRP08) is a sketch challenge! You KNOW those are my favorite! We were given this sketch to work our magic on! If you haven't started on it yet, no worries! You have until June 13th (Saturday!) to get it uploaded to SCS, PCP, or your blog--just make sure you use the right code (PMSRP08) in your keywords! And if you are putting it on your blog, make sure you put your link in the Challenge Post in the PMS Forum HERE.

Now if you are like me, you don't like anything but squares or rectangles. Not because you can't use other shapes, but rather you don't {own} the gizmos to MAKE them! LOL! I dug through my little pile of RAK'd circles and ovals and I didn't have the size I wanted to use...so I decided to change the shape to my trusty scallop rectangle. I went with a black and white card because I just love this patterned paper I have (Black and White Flowers by Paper Studio)! I layered the sentiment (from the new Nature's Song set by PMS) on several layers of white and black cardstock, ending on my white scallop rectangle. I added the dots using my black Spicca pen.

Now, for the PMS Monday Challenge we are to use {clear embellishments} somewhere on our cards. Well after an agonizing night, I came to the conclusion the clear embellishments and I don't mix well! Of course it was only later that I realised I had clear buttons. Sigh. BUT I was able to find some clear embellishments. See those little flowers? They are adhesive acetate flowers! So there you have it! Clear! And then I went with plain crystal gems...I'd call those clear, wouldn't you? LOL!

So there you have it. My Monday Challenge card and my Release Party Sketch Challenge all in one card! Now it's time to work on the third challenge for the PMS Release Party...so stay tuned!

I hope you give one of these challenges a whirl--remember you don't have to use PMS stamps on them, so why not give them a try???

And don't forget about my Blogoversary Candy Giveaway! I've updated the list to let you know which new PMS things I'm including!

5 Words of Love:

Stampin Mindy said...

Lisa this is so beautiful. I love cards where the sentiment is the main focus I tend to forget this, maybe cause I'm addicted to coloring lately! LOL HAve a wonderful week! Hugs!

Lynn said...

I love the bold black and white framing of this sensational sentiment!! Beautiful work!!

Becky said...

gorgeous card, love the sentiment

Martha said...

wonderful card!

Katie Cotton said...

this is darling!!!! Love the elegance of it!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps