Monday, June 08, 2009

A Party with Gus (CCC and TECC71)

It's Monday and that means it's time for a new Cupcake Craft Challenges Monday Challenge! This week's challenge is a color challenge brought to us by Ida: "If you have visited my blog you will see that I just love these colors, so for this challenge I want to see cards made for kids with the colors in picture. I think the color combo works well for both boys & girls." Ida only wants you to use the colors in the three boxes--the teal, yellow and pinky-purple. Just make a kids card with these colors and you are set!

My card uses these colors, with the Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge #71 (TECC71) sketch for my layout.

I will be honest. These colors really through me for a loop at first. So I practiced using them on my "Hello Gorgeous" card before using them on my card for this challenge. Once I practiced with them, I realised how much {fun} they were! I decided that for this card I wanted to use my newest little monster from the Paper Makeup Stamps Summer Release. His name is "Gus" and he's a party lovin' monster and perfect for any card, but especially kids! I colored Gus entirely with BIC markers (Fandango Pink, Hot Aqua, Tranquil Teal and Lemon Blaze) and then went over his bow-tie and hat with Stickles (using Stardust). I wish the picture had captured the sparkle it added, but trust me...he's got a bit of bling going on! LOL!

I didn't like my empty white corners, so I added bit of paper piercing which seems to have done the trick! I have no idea where this ribbon came from, but it was a perfect colors match so I had to use it!

Card Details:
Size: 4.25" x 5.5" (top-fold)

Image: Gus (PMS); Ink: Graphite Black (Brilliance); Coloring Medium: BIC markers (listed above); Paper: CS-teal, pink and yellow (Paper Studio), CS-white (GP) and PP-Back to the Basics "Teal Gingham" (DCWV); Misc.: ribbon, Stickles (listed above), adhesive turquoise gems, dimensionals, paper piercer

I really hope you will take the time to go to the CCC blog and check out the other DT members creations using this inspiration. And make sure you give IDA love over at her awesome blog!!

This will be the first of two (or maybe more??) posts today, so make sure you come back and check out my DT creation for this week's Paper Makeup Stamps Monday Challenge!

And don't forget to get yourself entered to win my Blogoversary Candy Giveaway!!

8 Words of Love:

Crafty Creations said...

This is great! Love all the layers and the ribbon!!

Jeannette said...

This is just adorable and I love your Hello Gorgeous card too the Dino is soo cute.

Michelle said...

gus is defintely a cutie..and you created a gorgeous card lisa!
*cant wait for my gus to get here...i ordered him last night) TFS!

Tina said...

Oh my gosh, he is toooo cute!

Liza said...

This is such a fun card Lisa, I love the ribbon and your paper piercing really finishes it off.

Liza x

Caryn said...

I love this cute image Lisa, it makes such a great card for a little monster - and we all know one (or two) of them! Fab colours too.

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Erin... said...

Super cute and I love that ribbon!!! Adorable image too!

Cr8ive ME said...

adorable card.

M.E. aka CMCMaryD@SCS

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps