Tuesday, June 09, 2009

I've got a CASE of PMS!

The third and final challenge (PMSRP09) for this months Paper Makeup Stamps Release Party has the following instructions: "For this challenge you will go to the Splitcoaststampers Gallery for Paper Makeup Stamps and choose a card to CASE. Please use the same rules as the Featured Stamper challenges and change at least two things on your card, have a link to the card that you CASED, and list the changes that you made in your post."

At first I had a terrible time finding a card I wanted to case, because I really didn't want to case one of the other PMS DT members cards...I wanted to find someone in the SCS PMS Gallery who had made an awesome card that caught my attention. This was harder then I thought because not many of you are posting your Paper Makeup Stamps creations there! If you are uploading cards with PMS products onto the SCS gallery, then make sure you put "PMS" in the keyword, so it goes into the PMS gallery!

After much searching I stumbled across a card made by a lady by the SCS screename of {Vernagus}. It was just what I was looking for! You can see her card HERE. I love the simplicity of this card. There is no patterned paper or ribbon. Just a couple layers of cardstock, an image and a very few embellishments. Exactly the things I need to work on for my own card making! LOL!

I changed a few things, but left the layout out the same. I used the new fairy Katie and a design and sentiment from a new rub-on set my friend Kim RAK'd me (I love them!). I loved using entirely SU cardstock for the first time: Riding Hood Red, Kiwi Kiss and Pink Pirouette. Sadly, I only had one piece of each of those colors, so now I'm crying!!!! Totally rotten that they are being discontinued at the end of this month! I think I'm going to need to place one more order...LOL!

Pretty much everything else was left as it was. The layout is the same, the basic shapes are the same and the colors are relatively the same as well. I even restrained myself from adding ribbon. It was tough, but I managed. I did add the extra strip of red at the bottom of the horizontal piece for more color and used my threading water edge punch instead of a regular scallop for the top edge of the horizontal piece--punching it in white instead of keeping it the same color.

How do you like how I blinged up Katie? I colored her dress with a combo of a BIC (Rambunctious Red) and a Copic (R20). I decided to give her some funky hair and colored it with my Prismacolor (Warm Grey 40%) then used Diamond Stickles. I added a smidge of Stardust Stickles to her wings, and glammed up her compact with Silver Stickles. Her boots (which are just to die for!) were colored again with the red BIC, but I went over them with my red Spicca so they are very shiny! I finished her off using Copics (E00 and R20). To give her some depth, I outlined her with another one of my Prismacolors (Cool Grey 30%).

I'm very happy with the way this card turned out and think I'm going to be CASEing more often when I need a mojo boost!

Card Details
Size: 4.25" x 5.5"
Image: Katie (PMS); Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento); Coloring Medium: BIC, Prismacolor and Copic markers; Paper: CS-Kiwi Kiss, Pink Pirouette and Riding Hood Red (SU!) and CS-White (GP); Misc.: threading water punch (fiskars), adhesive crystal gems, rub-ons (AB), red and black Spiccas, and Stickles (listed above)

Don't forget you have until Saturday June 13th to get all of your Paper Makeup Stamps Release Party Challenges uploaded to SCS and/or your blog! Make sure you are using the right keywords when uploading them to SCS so Katie can find them! Remember you can also just upload your creations to the Party Challenge Thread on the PMS Forum.

And of course, another reminder about my big Blogoversary Giveaway which will end on June 30th!

11 Words of Love:

Kim said...

Lisa, that turned out beautiful!

Crafty Engineering said...

Lisa,

I am so honored that you found my card CASE-worthy! Your card turned out beautiful (without patterned paper and ribbon!). I frequently go without patterned paper, but even the no ribbon was a stretch for me! Beautiful job again!

Andrea (aka Vernagus)

Jackie said...

Cute card Lisa and I like the layout you used...tfs!!!

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is awesome! Love the layout you cased and the sparkles are the perfect addition. Adorable!

MrsETaylor said...

What a great card. I love all the sparkle on it. Thank you so much for taking a moment a becoming a follower on my blog. I really appreciate it *s*

Crafty Creations said...

Lisa - this is great! As a primary Prisma user, I'm glad to see you noted what color you used to outline the image :)

Martha said...

so cute, wonderful card.

Christi said...

All that sparkle is fantastic!! I love this card!!

Cr8ive ME said...

beautiful card.

M.E. aka CMCMaryD@SCS

Shary said...

What a great image!! Love your card.

Ann said...

Ohhhh, she is gorgeous! I love the colors and bling!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps