Friday, June 05, 2009

Hello Gorgeous!

*This is the SECOND post for today, so make sure you scroll down (or click HERE) for the first one!*

Ever make a card that just makes you {giggle}??? I have made a few, but none that just made me grin from ear to ear like this little cutie! I was introduced to another challenge blog (with SKETCHES!!! woohoo!) called Card Patterns and decided to try out their sketch #17. These crazy colors are just a combination that I'm trying out...I have a color combo challenge coming up and I wanted to "practice" before making my official card... I was very skeptical, but {oo-la-la}! I'm in love!

This adoreable dino USED to be just plain old Bronto--one of the dinos created by Dustin Pike for Paper Makeup Stamps...but I decided to give Bronto a glam makeover! LOL!

I can tell you it took me a good hour of stamping, coloring, trashing and starting over again before I got HER the way I wanted her! When this card is in the sun, it {SpArKlEs}!!! And not a twinkle like the lame way Edward twinkled in the movie Twilight. I mean, this card is just downright DAZZLING!

I used a pink Spicca pen for the lipstick, Stardust Stickles on top of the hot pink for the toenails, and my black Spicca for the various "stitches". Then the teal beads, the sheer ribbon, the adhesive gems...well, it's just an amazing sight! LOL!

I decided to use a sentiment from the new [Monsters Sentiment Set] which PMS is releasing on Sunday June 7th. It's just really seemed to go with the glam dino! LOL!

Card Details
Size: 4.25" x 5.5"

Image/Sentiment: "Bronto" and "Out of this world" (PMS); Ink: Graphite Black (Brilliance); Coloring Medium: BIC Markers (Fandango Pink and Lemon Yellow); Paper: CS- Teal, hot Pink and Yellow (Paper Studio), CS-White (GP) and PP-"Back to Basics-Teal Gingham" (DCWV); Misc.: Adhesive gems (Teal and Pink), teal flower beads, hot pink sheer ribbon, hot pink satin ribbon, dimensionals, pink and black Spicca pens, Stardust Stickles



ps. Don't forget about my BLOG CANDY GIVEAWAY!!! It Ends June 30th!!

2 Words of Love:

Heather said...

Sparkly, dazzeling, cutie patootie perfection!

Toothy said...

Oh she is so adorable Lisa, I never would have thought to put pink, yellow, and blue together, but this is great.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps