Monday, June 22, 2009

Friday Sketchers with the Weiman Wranglers

Pink Cat Studio just released these new digital stamps yesterday to raise money for the Make-a-Wish Foundation in honour of Ethan Weiman.

On August 5, 2004, Ethan Weiman was welcomed into this world, and into the loving arms of his parents, Dave and Alicia Weiman. On June 12, 2009 Ethan's little life left those same loving arms. Ethan was diagnosed with Neuroblastoma in July of 2007. He was a brave, and tough little cowboy! Ethan loved Knock Knock jokes, balloons, and of course, being the true cowboy that he was - horses! His younger sister, Ava just adored her big, brave brother.

Help us honor the life of Ethan Weiman by purchasing the Weiman Wranglers Digital Stamps. All proceeds will go to the Make A Wish Foundation of Illinois, per request of the family, in Ethan’s honor!

These are super cute digi stamps and you can get them for just $4 each or the set of 4 stamps for just $6! I know that I couldn't resist these adorable stamps, especially when they are going to raise money for such a fabulous organization!

I used the cowgirl Ava (who is named after Ethan's sister) to make my card for this week's Friday Sketchers #57. I printed her off onto white cardstock and then used a mix of my BIC, Copic and Prismacolor markers to get her ready to ride!
I used my Martha Stewart Zig-Zag border punch for the two horizontal pieces and paper pierced the corners of the image. Trying something new, I sponged some Cocoa ink around the edge of the pink paper to give it a bit of distressing. When printing it off, I made the "Howdy" a bit larger so it could be a nice focal point. I added some brown twine around it to give it more of a western feel--and I made it stick using the narrowest Red Line tape (aka Sticky Strip). I added my touches of silver to her balloon, her belt buckle and then the 4 adhesive metal gems.

Card Details
Size: 5 1/2" Square

Image/Sentiment: Weiman Wranglers (Pink Cat Studios); Ink: Cocoa (Cateye Liquid Chalk); Coloring Medium: BIC, Copic and Prismacolor markers; Paper: CS- Cocoa and Chocolate (Paper Studio), CS-White (GP), and PP-Pink gingham (The Paper Co.); Misc.: brown twine, Stickles (Stardust), dimensionals, paper piercer, zig-zag border punch (martha Stewart), adhesive silver gems

I really really like this image and I'm sooo happy that I went ahead and purchased it. I really hope you will help by purchasing this stamp set too! As an incentive to help spread the word about this great fundraiser, Vicki is giving away a $20 gift certificate to Pink Cat Studio. Make sure you go check out her blog for the details! For those of you who choose to purchase this great digi, make sure you head over to Lauren's Blog and see what she's giving away to anyone who makes a project using this set...

5 Words of Love:

Kim said...

Lisa, that is so adorable! I can't wait to make something with mine this week.

Toothy said...

Very cute card Lisa, and what a sad story.

apigonfire said...

Love this! Too stinkin' cute! Great layout - very "countrified"! :)
~Kendra

Chris said...

What a super cute card...love your details. And such a worthy cause! Thanks for sharing and playing along with the Friday Sketchers challenge - I was really thrilled to be the sponsor this week. :)

megastamper said...

oh really fantastic and very pretty.
thank you for joining in the friday sketchers challenge and using my sketch.
hugs, bea

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps