Monday, June 29, 2009

CCC-Summertime...and the livin' is easy

There is no denying it's presence...summer is most definitely here! Our pool went up this weekend, and our freezer is stocked with Popsicles! This week's Cupcake Craft Challenges Monday challenge is brought to us by my fellow CCC DT member Kathrin. She has decided on a themed challenge and that theme is....It's SUMMER! Make anything you want that has a summer theme to it. It could be a project, a gift, a scrap layout, or just a card! How easy is that??

My CCC DT card uses the fun colors of summer--which for me are bubblegum pink and minty green...the colors of sherbet and Popsicles! MMmm! The cutie patootie of an image is Lily. She's one of the Beautiful Day Fairies by Paper Makeup Stamps. Isn't she so cute licking her tasty ice cream cone? She's been colored with a mix of BIC (honey brown, tiki hut tan, moonstone yellow), SU (Regal Rose and Certainly Celery), ZIG (chocolate), Prismacolor (Cool Grey 30%) and Copic (E00 and R20) markers. Her shoes have been blinged up with Stickles (Stardust), and I used that same color of Stickles on her wings and ice cream cone. Her necklace contains a small gem and went along the bottom of the card with pink adhesive gems adding two more on the image layer too.

I used some new paper by Paper Studio for all my cardstock (except the white which is Georgia Pacific) and for my patterned paper. I paper pierced the white layer on both edges and tied a nice bow-knot with some green/pink/white grosgrain ribbon from my stash. The patterned paper has been scalloped using my threading water border punch (fiskars). The sentiment is off of a square summer sentiment stamp I found at Big Lots awhile back. I taped off the other sentiments so only "Lazy Days" was inked.

I carried the theme into the inside too. I layered up some paper and then inked a small ice cream cone on the bottom. Then make it sparkle with some more stickles. Tasty! Perfect for a summer theme!

I hope you take the time to go see what the other CCC DT members came up with on the challenge post! And make sure to give Kathrin a lot of love!

Remember, I post twice on Monday's, so make sure you check back and see what the Paper Makeup Stamps Monday Challenge for this week!

4 Words of Love:

Katie Cotton said...

this is adorable hun!

Tina said...

She is gorgeous!

Krümel said...

Love your card! The colors remind me of cooled watermelon, eaten in a shadowed place somewhere in the garden... Your coloring on the image is wonderful - and the sentiment is just great.
Hugs,
Kathrin aka Kruemel

Sandy said...

Such a cute card, Lisa. Love the fun colors and all the sparkle. The inside of the card is adorable too.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps