Monday, June 15, 2009

CCC-Father's Day with a Twist

* This is my first post for today, so make sure you scroll up or click HERE to see the other one*

It's only a week until Father's Day and if you are like you are fretting about what to get for dad, grandpa, father-in-law and all the other important men in your life! And then cards...when you stop to think about how many you are going to have to make...well, it can definitely be daunting!

When I saw what the challenge was going to be on Cupcake Craft Challenges this week, I knew this was what I needed to solve my card problem! The challenge this week was brought to us by Jeanette: "As it's getting close to Fathers Day I thought a Fathers Day card would be appropriate, but there's a slight twist in that it has to be more than a card. You can interpret that any way you want to. If it's not Fathers Day in your neck of the woods then a card for a Man (any man) will do. Have fun and I can't wait to see your creations!"
A Father's Day card, that's more then a card...hmm...well, since I know that we are going to go the "EASY" way out this year by getting a bunch of gift cards, I knew I wanted to make something to hold them! What I found was the cutest and easiest gift card holder yet! It's called an Envelope Gift Card holder and I found the video tutorial done by Dawn Griffith. All you need is an A2 card envelope, a bit of cardstock, ribbon and a couple stamps. Seriously, this project took me just {10 minutes} from start to finish. I haven't had something like that in a LONG time. So this "card" is definitely on my winning list!

I used a Father's Day stamp from an old 1999 Stampin' Up set. I have no idea what the name of this set is, but I loved this little doggy! I colored the image with BIC (Honey Brown), Prismacolor (Brick White and Cool Grey 30%) and Stampin' Write (Always Artichoke) markers. I went over his cute little nose and the string on the newspaper with my black Spicca pen. I also went over the sentiment (from the same set) with my black Spicca pen for a little shine.

I love gingham ribbon and this chocolate brown one was perfect! This truly was a very easy project and I hope that if you are in a bind, you can try whipping some of these out too!

Project Details
Size (when closed): 4 3/8" x 2 7/8"

Image/Sentiment: Father's Day (1999 SU set); Ink: Graphite Black (Brilliance); Coloring Medium: BIC, Prismacolor and Stampin' Write (SU!); Paper: CS-Chocolate Chip (SU), CS-White (GP); Misc.: white A2 Envelope, dimensionals, ribbon (15"), black Spicca pen, white Signo pen

I hope you will go and see what the CCC DT members came up with for their projects! They are all just super! And this would be the week to definitely create something because we have a sponsor Peachy Keen Stamps! They are offering a $40 gift certificate! Just get a project/card uploaded to Mr. Linky by June 21st and you'll be entered to win!

3 Words of Love:

Lynn said...

Love this adorable gift card holder, Lisa!! Fabulous colors, precious dog image, and sensational bow!! Outstanding work!!

Kr├╝mel said...

Great card with a really cute image. Seems to be a very good dog!
Hugs,
Kathrin aka Kruemel

Jeannette said...

Fab prject Lisa, and I love that image, it's perfect for any Dad.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps