Friday, June 12, 2009

Bellarific Friday!

It's time for another Bellarific Friday and I actually completed another challenge making it TWO WEEKS IN A ROW! Woohoo! I'm on a roll! LOL! This week's challenge was given to us in the form of a sketch...and you know me and sketches! I dug through my Bellas and found one that I had yet to put on a card! It was my cutie-patootie Amimals Daisy Hippo! She's so tiny (she fits in a 1.25" circle!) that I have had problems coming up with something to use her on! So I decided to ink her up for this challenge.

I made my card smaller--just a notecard size (4 5/8" x 3 3/4") which really helped me make her work. I stamped her onto the scalloped oval and then stamped her again on the patterned paper. I just love this paper, don't you?? It came in my DCWV summer pad that I bought two summers ago. I paper pieced her to the oval and then went over her toenails and flower with Stickles (using Lavender) to add a touch of bling. The sentiment is from the stamp set "Fluttering By" by Verve and just went perfect. Once it was stamped, I inked the edges of the scallop with one of my purple Cateye Liquid Chalks. I love inking edges!

I used my Threading Water punch on the white strip and then paper pierced it along the opposite edges. That fabulous ribbon you see is made by CTMH and my dear friend Amber RAK'd it to me! {M-uah!} I loved the purple, but thought adding the piece of green really jazzed it up. I mounted it all onto white cardstock and then a lavender card base. Four adhesive purple gems and I called it done!

I'm very happy that I finally bit the bullet and opened an ETSY store (Lisabee's Stampin' Shop) to sell some of my cards, projects and to take custom orders. I've had requests and figured this was the easiest way to do it! So if there is a card that you ADORE, you need to check in my store, cause it just might be there waiting for you! If you have an ETSY store, I'd love to see what you have too, so just leave me a comment with a link, okay??

That's all for now...and if I don't get on here again let me wish you a HAPPY WEEKEND!!

5 Words of Love:

Toothy said...

so cute, love the purple

Emily said...

That is fabulous! I love the pattern and the paper pieced hippo!!

Gina said...

Cute hippo! very happy card.

Donna said...

Fantastic card Lisa and such brillaint paper piecing :) Donna x

Crafty Creations said...

What a cute card! I love that paper :)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps