Friday, June 19, 2009

Bellarific Butterfly

This card is my creation for this week's Bellarific Monday Challenge. This week was yet another sketch challenge and I loved it because THERE WEREN'T ANY CIRCLES! LOL! I love squares and rectangles!

I pulled out this patterned paper right away and then quickly pulled the other paper together. There is just something nice about navy and orange isn't there? All the cardstock is by Paper Studio and the polka dot paper is from a DCWV paper pack. I'm running out of this design and that makes me sad because I just love it!

I decided to go with Butterflyabella and coordinated her to my paper deciding to leave green as my highlight color. I colored her with a combination of my BIC (Summer Melon, Tiki Hut Tan, Lime Green, Midnight Navy) and Copic (E00) markers. I punched her out with my scallop punch (2") and added her to the top corner. I punched out a bunch of small butterflies from green cardstock and adhered them to my empty squares. Then I added some Stickles (stardust) to each one and then added some Stickles (lime) to the butterfly in her hand. It really adds some nice sparkle to this card. The sentiment is also from Stamping Bella and I added two silver Bella Baubles to it. A few dots of the white gel pen and it was done!

Card Details
Size: 5 1/2" Square
Image/Sentiment: Butterflyabella and "Butterfly Wishes" (stampingbella); Ink: Graphite Black (Brilliance); Coloring Medium: BIC and Copic Markers; Paper: CS-Navy and Orange (Paper Studio), CS-White (GP) and PP-Navy, Orange Green Polka Dots (DCWV); Misc.: silver Bella Baubles, dimensionals, small butterfly punch ($1), Stickles (listed above), scallop round punch (marvy)

4 Words of Love:

Kim said...

Oh Lisa, she's gorgeous! I may have to ask for some images of her :)

Stefanie said...

Great card! I love the way you did this sketch & your color choices. I think Butterfly bella is next on my wishlist.

Michelle said...

hi lisa... butterfly bella only looks this good ibecause YOU have created a card with her.. this is wonderful lisa..you continue to amaze and inspire me..
ive left a little surprise for you on my blog....
when you have a sec pls pass by my blog to see what it is!
hugs
mish

Ann said...

I love the LO and fun papers you used!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps