Monday, June 15, 2009

Another PMS Monday Challenge!

*This is my SECOND post for today, so please scroll down (or click HERE) to read the other one*

The Paper Makeup Stamps Monday Challenge is brought to us by the super fabulous Jamie Morris this week. It's a color challenge! All you need to do is find your version of Summer Sun, Aqua Blue, Chocolate Brown and White or Cream! No fancy SU colors to match...just names of colors and we're leaving it up to YOU to decide what you consider to match! Easy as pie right?? And remember, you don't even have to use any PMS stamps on your card or project! So you had better enter this time!! I want to see your creativity!

I've decided to try new projects this week instead of just cards and more cards. You can only do so many cards before getting a burn-out! LOL! I've loved this little Post-It Holder since I caught a glimpse of it in a gallery somewhere. I've had the directions printed out and waiting so I dug them out and tried them out! Super Easy ladies! And what fun!

I decided to us Chocolate Chip (SU) cardstock as my base for this card. I just love rich dark browns like this one, don't you? I found a gorgeous aqua blue piece of cardstock in my stash earlier this week and pulled it out. Sadly none of my pictures of this project show the true richness of this color. I also snagged a scrap of a very summery yellow piece of cardstock for my Summer Sun color. Then I went diving into my patterned paper bin, and found perfectly coordinating pieces of aqua striped and yellow striped paper to use!

I tweaked the directions a little bit because I didn't have a small pencil to put inside. Instead, I had a little gel pen! So instead of putting the post-it and the pencil together on the bottom, I centered the post-it pad and attached the pen in the "spine" of the holder. I think it worked out very well. I decided not to stamp anything on the piece of yellow patterned paper. Oh and in case you were wondering, I found these little pens at our Dollar Tree store...there are 4 pens in a package, so needless to say I snagged about five packages! LOL!

I love my ribbon too. It's a piece of sheer aqua sparkly ribbon I bought by the yard somewhere. I think it was Hobby Lobby but I wasn't sure. I just knotted it twice to close the holder.

My image on the top of the holder is Katie. She is one of the newest fairies in the Beautiful Day Fairy collection by Paper Makeup Stamps. She really is one of my favorite fairies in the collection...which is probably why I've used her several times already! LOL! I colored her with BIC (Tranquil Teal, Hot Aqua, Moonstone Yellow), Copic (E00, R20), ZIG (chocolate) and Prismacolor (Cool Grey 30%) markers. I added Stickles to her wings (Stardust), her compact (silver), and her powder puff (Diamond). Adding a tiny gem to her necklace and then three larger ones next to her image was the finishing touch! I just love this little project!

If you would like to try this project yourself, you can find the directions for it HERE.

Make sure you check out what the other PMS Design Team members came up with for this color challenge and show them some love!

5 Words of Love:

Tina said...

Super sweet!

Michelle said...

adorable lisa! i love the blues youve used on your katie fairy card! TFS!

Katie Cotton said...

super cute!

Kim said...

Lisa, this is such a cute project. Love what you did with Katie!

SMK said...

aww so cute! very clean and adorable hehe :) love the bling and ribbon!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps