Monday, May 18, 2009

Two In One


I'm back! I flew home all day long yesterday and got in late last night. That's why this post is late this morning! Because I was on vacation with limited supplies and time, I ended up combining my two design team challenges into one card. This card is the sample for this week's challenge on Paper Makeup Stamps and for Cupcake Craft Challenges.

This week's challenge on Paper Makeup Stamps was MINE! Woohoo! I went with a color inspiration one for this week. I dug through my paint chips and matched up two of my most favorite ones: Watermelon Slice and Apple Green. The colors are fabulous and you can see the pic of them right here:

My challenge was for you to use those two colors AND Black or White. I found some yummy paper at JoAnn's when I was back visiting my mom in WA. I also used the new flower punch I bought while out there too! Man, I love that thing! This cutie snail and sentiment are from the new May Release for Paper Makeup Stamps. Aren't they adorable?

The layout of this card can be found on the Cupcake Craft Challenges Monday Challenge. It's a sketch challenge this week and really fun to use. I've attached a pic of the sketch here for your reference. This sketch came courtesy of one of my fellow CCC DT members Donna. She is a fabulous card crafter and you have to check out her blog to see her work.

If you choose to play with us on either of these challenges (and I REALLY hope you do!) there is a Mr. Linky application on each site for easy uploading of your blog URL. I can't wait to see what you all do!

Whew! Now that this is done, I can go finish unpacking and trying to get everything back to normal. Of course that requires my three year old detaching himself from my hip. My husband delayed his work schedule specifically so he could spend time with my son today...but my son won't have anything to do with ANYONE except Mommy. Sigh. I didn't count on this...LOL! Oh well, I know he'll get over it one way or another!

Happy crafting ladies!!

12 Words of Love:

Caryn said...

Wow, sounds exhausting! Love your card. That snail is so cute.

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

brenda said...

Real fun card Lisa and love your DP's

B xx

Sprytebyrd said...

Love it!! Great colors!

Tina said...

Wow, great card. Love the snail and I had loads of fun with these colors.

Kim said...

Welcome back - great card - I love that snail.

Kristen Hermanny said...

Great card! That snail is too cute! I will have to look into the other challenge blog, I had not heard of it before.
Thanks for sharing.
Glad your trip was safe!

Lisa (lakind) said...

This is adorable, Lisa! So feminine with those colors and ribbon! Glad your trip was fun!

Silli said...

Lisa, your card is so sweet. I love the cute image and the papers!

KatieTurtle said...

These were some tough colors girl! Way out of my comfort zone, so thanks for the challenge. I love this little snail, fun card.

Katie Cotton said...

super cute card!!!

Kim Dellow said...

Wonderful card, love the snail. Kim

Donna said...

Wow Lisa, your card is gorgeous, I love what you have done with the sketch and the papers and colours are just perfect, such a sweet image too :) Donna x

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps