Friday, May 01, 2009

A Mother's Love

As many of you read about yesterday, Paper Makeup Stamps is offering a special digital image in an effort to raise money for a very special family. All proceeds from the sale of this image will go to the family. If you missed the post, you can find it HERE. If you want to go straight to purchasing this image, you can find it HERE.

This is my card using the image. It was so nice to color and the image just makes me smile and think of my own little boy as well as this little bun I'm baking right now.

I used the layout from this week's challenge on Stamps N Smiles (aka. The Fresh Batch). It is a super easy and basic sketch, so I tilted the main image a little. Don't you love this rose paper? I'm not usually a florals fan, but it was sooo feminine that i had to have it. I found it at Hobby Lobby. Next tims I go back I'm buying some more of it. It came in a 12 x 12 sheet so i should be able to use it for several cards/projects. I colored the image with my BIC markers (Lime Sorbet, Key Lime, Petal Pink, Honey Brown, Tiki Tan) and use my one and only Copic (E00-skin white) for the skin tones. I used my most favoritest lace ever to make it even more feminine and put a piece of 5/8" Hot Pink Satin ribbon under it. I used a random flower I found in my stash, and I dabbled the edges with Stickles (using Frosted Lace). I finished the image with Stickles on her wings (using Stardust) and added some adhesive flat backed pearls. I also added a pearl to her choker. I really really love this card's femininity.

Card Details
Size: 4.25" x 5.5"

Image: A Fairy for Kayleigh (PMS); Coloring Medium: BIC and Copic markers; Paper: CS-White (GP), CS-Pink and Green (paper Studio) and PP-Tea Roses (paper Studio); Misc.: adhesive flat backed tiny pearls, Stickles (listed above), fabric flower, dimensionals, lace, satin ribbon, "Swiss Dots" Embossing folder

Don't forget to check my blog (and the other PMS Design Team Members--listed in my sidebar) tomorrow! It's the first day of sneak peaks for the upcoming PMS May Release which will be on May 7th. I'm working on a card today which is going to be super cute!

9 Words of Love:

Toothy said...

Absolutely Beautiful Lisa!

Tina said...

She is gorgeous!

Kim said...

Oh Lisa, that is just incredible!!!!

Christi said...

Wow Lisa!! This is amazing!!!

Cassie said...

Very beautiful, Lisa! Great minds think alike ;D

Meli Mitchell said...

Beautiful card. Those flowers are the perfect touch.

Dawn Mercedes said...

Nicely done!

Danni said...

Gorgeous!!

Cassie said...

so lovely! so pretty!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps