Wednesday, May 20, 2009

It's about time!

I can finally share a project I made over a month ago for a Bella Secret Sister swap. It killed me not to be able to post them, but since my secret sister is a regular reader of my blog, it would have TOTALLY spoiled it! LOL! There is a matching card for this, but I don't seem to have taken a picture of it. Darn. It was really cute if I do say so myself! LOL! But want to know the crazy thing? The actual one I sent my secret sister was different from this photo! Why? Well because silly me dropped an open ink pad INK SIDE DOWN right on top of it! It got black ink on the Bella image, the ribbon and the flower! So I had to do some serious re-working of it! I ended up taking off the Bella image as it was un-saveable and repositioning the flower in the center. The ribbon thankfully came clean. Whew! But this is what it was SUPPOSED to look like! LOL!

This little cutie is actually one of those Tea Bag Holders made following a tutorial by Dawn Griffith. It was super easy and I just had so much fun with it! Here is what it looks like opened:

As you can see, instead of adding tea bags, I used it to hold a tag on one side and a stamping bella stamp (javabuggs) in the other pocket. I also taped down the pockets rather then letting them be a "separate" middle section. All of this paper is by Paper Studio and should be able to be found at most Hobby Lobby stores. The flower is from a RAK I received a long time ago. I just love it and am sad I don't have anymore!

If you haven't tried this technique out, you really should. It was very easy and makes such a cute little project!

Well, I'm out of here for the night. It's the big American Idol results show where they will crown the winner (Go Kris!) and I'm going to be watching that--and trying to squeeze a card in before I go to bed.

Have a great night ladies!

2 Words of Love:

Jamie said...

This is adorable Lisa, I love it.

Tenia Nelson said...

Very cute!!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps