Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Clean and Simple Notecards for Mom


Mother's Day is just around the corner, and this year my mom requested that I make her some cards for her gift. She is always sending out cards to the various shut-ins in her congregation and wanted some with scriptures. I had just stocked up on a bunch of scripture stamps, so I sent her a list and she chose which ones she liked the best. I knew that she was going to need these cards to be pretty flat so she could send them without any extra postage...and decided keeping it clean and simple was the way to go.

I used two scriptures from the Believe Scripture Set by Paper Makeup Stamps and one scripture by Verve. All the patterned paper is from a brand new DCWV paper pad I just found at Big Lots for $3.00!! I went with a set of nine notecards (4.75 x 3.75) so that I could use three different designs. I bought a pack of these notecards at Wal-Mart so I could have the right size envelopes. I layered each scripture with a coordinating piece of cardstock, added a piece of satin white ribbon and then three mini brown metallic brads to each card. This keeps the card flat and easy to mail. I like the red patterned set the best!

Don't forget tomorrow is the big day for Paper Makeup Stamps! The release party doesn't start until 9pm EST at the PMS Forum, but the DT Blog Hop starts tomorrow morning! You don't want to miss the blog hop, cause if you do, you will miss out on earning an extra discount code, a chance to win the entire release and other prizes!! Make sure you stop by the PMS Blog tomorrow morning for all the details!

2 Words of Love:

Meli Mitchell said...

I think simple and clean is great...and THESE are great. I know your Mama will love them.

MsJay said...

Very nice cards.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps