Monday, May 11, 2009

CCC-For the Boys!


This week's challenge for Cupcake Craft Challenges is to make a card which is for the men or boys in your life! We don't always make guy friendly cards, so let's see what you come up with. My card uses Bronto from designer Dustin Pike and just released by Paper Makeup Stamps. He is probably my most favorite dino ever!

I used the PMS Release Party Sketch Challenge for the layout and then chose some nice boyish colors in Orange, Brown and White. This paper is from a DCWV Paper Pad pack I found at Big Lots for $3! Bronto was stamped on orange cardstock and then white cardstock. I cut out the eyes from the white cardstock and mounted him on a piece of white cardstock. I didn't have a "Hi" that I liked, so I freehanded it.

I like this card a lot and know my son would love to get this in the mail!

This is my second post for today, so make sure you check out my other one introducing the PMS Challenge for this week!

11 Words of Love:

Tina said...

How cute is this!

Erin... said...

this is so cute!!!! i love it! great image and I love the bright cheery orange!

Toothy said...

Love it, great job with the eyes, I would have never thought to do that.

Kr├╝mel said...

A really cute card! Love the image and the colors - and your handwriting just works perfect with the image!
Hugs,
Kathrin aka Kruemel

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Lisa, I love the dino image, so cute. Fab colour scheme. Hugs, Denise x

Stephanie said...

This is adorable, love your color combo!

Caryn said...

He IS the cutest dino ever!! Love the zingy orange - great boys card!

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Stampin Mindy said...

ADORABLE,, how cute does this little guy look orange... I have him thanks for the inspiration!

Katie Cotton said...

very very cute!!!

Manuela said...

this one is gorgeous :D looks really cute! greetings from austria, manuela

Randee E said...

Loved this PMS color challenge! Thanks for the spark of inspiration. And congrats on your upcoming blogoversary!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps