Monday, May 25, 2009

CCC: 2-2-2

This week's challenge on Cupcake Craft Challenges (CCC) was designed by a fellow design team member Erin: Today's challenge is all about the number 2! It's my daughter's second birthday, so I thought that would be a great way to celebrate!!! So in your sample please include 2 colors(plus a neutral), 2 shapes on the card, and 2 pieces of ribbon. Feel free to add any other embellies too:) Looking forward to seeing your 2's!!! Have fun!

I decided to go with a graduation card for my submission this week as I have about 4 Seniors in my church graduating this year. I chose Purple and Yellow as my two colors as those are one of the girls school colors. You know the bad thing about purple? There are so many different versions of it! And my camera can't seem to make the colors match--even when they match to the naked eye! ARGH! (yes, I'm going off about the button...LOL!) My two shapes are my squares and scallop circle. I punched out my Diplomabella image with my 2" scallop circle punch because I liked the look and because for some reason I just can't get her shoes to look right! :)

I used yellow grosgrain ribbon and a thin purple w/white polka dot ribbon as my two ribbon pieces. To add sparkle, I went around the edge of the sentiment (from a Studio G #30 Graduation set) with Stickles using Starry Night. I also added some on the robe collar and cap tastle using Yellow. It adds just the right amount of sparkle!

Card Recipe
Size: 4.25" x 5.5"
Image/Sentiment: Diplomabella (stampingbella), "Congrats Graduate"(Studio G Series 30); Ink: Graphite Black (Brilliance); Coloring Medium: BIC, Prismacolor and Copic (E00) Markers; Paper: CS-purple and yellow (from stash), CS-White (GP); Misc.: ribbon, Stickles (listed above), dimensionals, 2" scallop punch (Marvy), buttons, "Swiss Dots" embossing folder

I hope you will check out the other design team members creations! You can find them on the challenge post HERE.

*This is my first of two posts today, so make sure you check out my other one too!*

7 Words of Love:

Caryn said...

Fabulous card Lisa - love purple and yellow together and that Stamping Bella stamp is so cool.

Thanks for your lovely comments on my card too. The stamp is from Pink Gem Designs and you can find them HERE:
http://www.pinkgemdesigns.com/catalog/fairies-c-6.html

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Lisa, what a great card, I love stamping bella too. I know what you mean about purple, so many slightly different shades lol! Have a great evening. Hugs, Denise x

Callie said...

Cutie card! I may have time to play along with this one!

Tenia Nelson said...

Great card!! tfs!!

Liza said...

Great graduation card Lisa and I love your colour combo.

Liza x

Kr├╝mel said...

Great card Lisa! The layout is wonderful and the colors make your card look so happy. Great idea of punching out this cute Bella!
Hugs,
Kathrin aka Kruemel

Donna said...

Fantastic card Lisa, I so love the bold colours and buttons and the image is brilliant, fantastic card all round :) Donna x

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps