Monday, May 25, 2009

Any Winged Thing

*This is my second post for today, so make you check out the other one too!*

"Any Winged Thing" is the theme for this week's challenge at Paper Makeup Stamps Blog. All you need to do is create a card using "Any Winged Thing" using any stamps (though PMS ones are pretty great!) and then uploading your creation to Mr. Linky on the PMS Blog Challenge Post.

This card is also my entry for the sketch challenge on Stamp Something.

I believe I was the only member of the PMS Design Team to NOT use one of the PMS Beautiful Day Fairies...but I wasn't feeling "fairy" today! :) I decided to use another of my favorite winged creatures: Butterflies! The sentiment (from the Buggy Sayings Set by PMS) was my inspiration. I thumbed through my patterned papers and found this beautiful one that I hadn't used yet. After digging around in my stamps I opted to just use one of the butterflies from the patterned paper as my image. I cut it out and added dimensionals to make it pop. I also went over all the pink swirls in the design with Stickles (using Stardust) to add the beautiful sparkly look. I'm sure that if you click on the photo you will be able to see the sparklies better. After trying many versions of the stamped sentiment, I opted to just stamp it straight onto the paper.

Card Details
Size: 5.5" x 4.25"
Sentiment: Buggy Sayings (PMS); Ink: "Close to Cocoa" (Ancient Page); Paper: CS-Peppermint and Chocolate (Paper Studio), CS-White (GP) and DP- "Butterflies-Pink and Brown" (Paper Studio); Misc.: gems, "Swiss Dots" folder, dimensionals, Stickles (listed above)

I'd also like to mention that today is the beginning of the Stampin' Out Alzheimer's Event! It's amazing how many lives have been affected by this terrible disease. There is a special site set (Stampin out Alzheimers) up for this event, and you can become a member with a suggested donation of $5 with access to all kinds of prizes, drawings, challenges and other goodies for this week long event. If you would like to contribute to the cause and find out more about all the prizes and special goodies being offered this week by PMS and other sponsors, you can do so over at the Paper Makeup Stamps Blog--so far they've raised over $3000!

4 Words of Love:

Tina said...

So cute and fun!

Kim said...

Lisa, I love this. I can't wait to get that set and play!

Dawn said...

this is just stunning! Love it...

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous card!! tfs!!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps