Thursday, May 21, 2009

3-in-1 Card

Have you checked out any of the challenges over in the Challenge Forum of Splitcoast Stampers? There are some really good ones this week! I fell in love with the sketch challenge (SC229) and the
Try a new Technique challenge (TLC221)! I loved them sooo much that I combined them into one card! This card is also my entry for this week's Dutch Dare Challenge #49.

The sketch challenge was a very simple one, which allowed for a lot of creativity--but I kept mine fairly simple. It's the card that impressive! This is due to the fancy-schmancy-yet-very-easy new technique called Tri Shutter Fold. I used the adapted version by the creator which allows for a full card front. This made it easy to do the sketch challenge. The Dutch Dare Challenge #49 is to have bling and/or glitter. I think that between my patterned paper and the gold stickles, I'm covered!

The tutorial for the card calls for a craft knife, but I found that I could use my paper trimmer much easier and more accurately, so I suggest you try that instead. Of course if you are a pro with a craft knife (NOT ME!) then go ahead and do it that way.

Here is what the inside of the card (the actual Tri Shutter Fold part) looks like:

Isn't it so pretty? I love how it stand up all on it's own. And when it's folded flat it measures 5.5" x 4" which fits into a regular card envelope. The verse sentiment on the front of the card is from the Believe Scripture Set by Paper Makeup Stamps. The inside one is a stamp I picked up at my local Hobby Lobby.

Some of the ladies who did this card made their inside portion super fancy and elegant with lots of embellishments and die-cuts. I chose to keep mine fairly simple since I do want to be able to mail it. I relied on my awesomely cool patterned paper to add the extra touch. This is some paper I found at JoAnn's on sale for just $.25 a sheet! And since it was 12 x 12 I snagged it. Sadly I stupidly only grabbed one sheet! What was I thinking????? LOL! I just love the gold metallic ink that runs through it! I played up that gold by stamping some flourishes on the inside portion using Brilliance Metallic Galaxy Gold ink. As for those cute little flowers--well those were made using my new Marvy Daisy Punch which is my newest most favorite toy! Seriously, I now have an endless supply of flowers!!!

Speaking of flowers, I don't know if you can tell, but one of the flowers on the inside is dangling from a gold cord. You can see it much better in this smaller closeup picture. I layered three flowers using small glue dots with the gold cord sandwiched in the middle, then just taped the cord where I wanted it on the back of the middle piece. I made sure that when the card was folded flat that the flower was hidden. I then made flower centers on both sides using Stickles (Gold).

I also used the Gold Stickles to outline my sentiment verse on the card front. I like the way it looks like there is gold glitter peaking out and it adds the sparkly I love so much!

I seriously love this card and hope that you guys will try out this new technique if you haven't already. It is really easy to follow and makes such an awesome card! I definitely have it saved for future use!

Before I end, I just have to give a shout-out to the American Idol winner Kris Allen! I'm so happy that he won and regardless of what others might say, he has a great voice and WILL go far!! If you want to hear some of his best performances, just go to my playlist at the bottom of my blog and you can scroll down to the bottom to find his songs. His version of "Ain't no Sunshine" is one of my faves!

Whew! It's hot and I think I'm going to have to break down and turn on the air conditioner! Gotta go get some ice water to cool down, so I'm outta here for the day!

Don't forget it's only 7 more days until I start my blogoversary blog candy countdown! And I'm sure you all noticed my new blinkie counting down the days until the PMS June release Sneak Peaks start! They are going to be awesome and the other DT members and I are dying to start sharing them with you!

7 Words of Love:

Sprytebyrd said...

Hey, that's that paper!! I love what you've done with it! This card is awesome and is totally on my list for things to try soon! Beautiful card, Lisa! Way to go!
Hugz
Dee

Karen said...

Great card, Love the colours and the technique.

Love Karen xxx

Toothy said...

WOW, love it, very pretty, love the paper as well. I need to go to Big Lots more often.

Christi said...

This is gorgeous girl! Love that dp!!

Katie Cotton said...

great card hun!!!

Karin said...

Hi Lisa,

your card is stunning. Love the papers, great sentiment and yep there's glitter on your card.
The way it open's is just fabulous. Do you have a pattern of this card?? Would love to use this on my Scrap Online group on PCP.

Thanks for joining the DDCC this week.
xoxo karin

Christi said...

This is gorgeous!! I love everything about it!!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps