Monday, April 06, 2009

A Tisket a Tasket!


Here is my DT entry for this week's challenge #34 over at Cupcake Craft Challenges. The challenge for this week is to make cards or items with folds! Anything with at least three folds works! I went with this new basket design I found last week. There are several folds in this one, but it's still super easy. Another one of those 5 minute projects! I didn't want this to be a mini basket, so while the original tutorial calls for a 6x6 square piece, I increased it to an 8x8 square and then kept everything else the same, thus making the box base larger. I used a scallop diecut oval a friend gladly cut out for me and stamped my cute little "Picking Posies" Turtle Tot on it. This is one of the newer lines that Stamping Bella has started carrying. My handle is a white cs strip with an olive cardstock strip on top of it. I used the doily edge punch on the olive green strip. The brads used to attach the handle are pewtar flowers. I like this little basket and plan on filling it with goodies to give to one of my piano students for her birthday. If you are interested in trying out this tutorial on your own, then check out the video over at Dawn Griffith's blog.

If you like this project, you have got to check out the other DT members entries for this challenge, cause they put my little basket to shame!! I'm seriously going to have to get my game on to stay on top of things with them! LOL!

7 Words of Love:

Tina said...

How fun! I love the colors, wonderful!

Nicola said...

Fantastic creation Lisa which will be so gratefully received by every lucky recipient. Love your papers and that gorgeous stamp. -x-

Danni said...

So cute!

Erin... said...

what a fun little basket!!! Love that image! So sweet!

Meli Mitchell said...

:o) That turtle is adorable!

Christi said...

Awww...too cute!!

The Gustafson Family said...

I just found your blog after reading your myspace blog. I love blogging too and am excited to keep up with you on here!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps