Monday, April 20, 2009

A Sketch Challenge for CCC

This week's challenge over at Cupcake Craft Challenges is my favorite kind--a SKETCH challenge! I love having a sketch as a starting point for me. This week has been crazy, but thanks to a fabulous card kit from my friend Heather, I was able to put together a card for this challenge pretty quickly.

I think the color combo of lime green with turquoise is possibly one of my most favorite combinations. The vibrancy of each color just compliments the other--and when you set it off with a black or brown--Wowzer! As you can imagine finding those two colors in my card kit just made my day! I also had a chance to use a Stamping Bella image that I had been wanting to try out too! I just love the chiciboulie fairie line and have been dying to try out some of the flower fairies. The one Heather sent me is Eloise Greengrass and she was soooo fun to color! I don't have more then my one Copic Marker (E00-skin white) so I had to be creative with my BIC's. I matched shades as best I could and then did my own version of light and dark. I like the way it turned out on her flower skirt, don't you? I added some Stickles to her wings (using Stardust) and her skirt (using Frosted Lace) because what is a fairy without sparkle? Why no fairy at all!

Once I found this gorgeous shear turquoise ribbon, I knew my card was complete! And I just love the way these colors just pop right off the card!

Card Details
Size: 5.5" x 4.25" (top-fold)

Image: Eloise Greengrass (stampingbella); Coloring Medium: BIC, Prismacolor and Copic Markers; Paper: All from a RAK; Misc.: adhesive turquoise gems, turquoise sheer ribbon, Stickles (listed above), dimensionals

I made another card with supplies from this card kit as well as this image, but I have to wait to show you that one too...but I promise you will see it soon!

8 Words of Love:

sanwanyak said...

Wow Lisa!I love this ok so I love all your cards .I think you did a great job on the coloring!Great color choice too!!((hugs))happy to see you are still able to craft we all know pregnancy can take alot out of a person!!I am still so excited for you!!

Heather said...

These colors are amazing! Beautiful card Lisa!

Jeannette said...

Fab Colours Lisa, great take on the sketch!

Leslie said...

Lisa, I was on the CCCC site looking at the new sketch when I saw your card. It is simply stunning!! LOVE it!!
Hugs, Leslie

Terria said...

Beautiful card I love the colors!!!

Toothy said...

Love what you did with the card kit. Just let me know if you ever want anymore of this image.

brenda said...

Beautiful card and colour mix. Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog.

Brenda x

Caryn said...

Great take on the sketch this week Lisa. The colours look great and I love the bling too.

Hugs,
Caryn xx

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps