Sunday, April 12, 2009

One Layer Card Challenge


This week's challenge at Cupcake Craft Challenges is to make a One Layer Card. What does this mean? Lauren explains it well on the challenge blog post:

You may have one layer of cardstock other than your image and base. You could even just stamp on your base card. Its up to you. But you may use as many embellishments as you want eg. flowers,ribbon, buttons etc.

I really am not a fan of one layer cards--but that's just because I love layering! LOL! I stuck with a very simple notecard design for my DT demo.
I used a small notecard for the base. I sponged two colors of Colorbox Cateye chalk on the base to get a varigated green shade. I stamped the Swirlie Tree by Paper Makeup Staps in Cocoa Brilliance Ink and then wiped off the ink of the leaves and added an olive green ink. I stamped this on a piece of white cardstock, and adhered it to the cardbase. I sparkled it up, but adding random adhesive crystals to the tree and under the word "Peace" which is from the Believe Scripture Set also by PMS.

This is a very simple card, but I still like it! Make sure you go here to see all the creations the rest of the CCC DT came up with for this challenge.

Card Details:
Size: 3.75" x 4.75"
Image/sentiment: Swirlie Tree and "Peace" from the Believe Scripture Set (PMS); Ink: Brilliance and Colorbox Cateye Fluid Chalk; Paper: CS-White (GP); Misc.: Adhesive crystal gems

10 Words of Love:

The Crafty Den said...

Lovely card Lisa. Sometimes simple is best and it definitely is in your case, I love it. Hugs, Denise x

Tina said...

So very pretty, love the bling.

Sandy said...

Gorgeous card, Lisa!! I love the crystals and that tree image is perfect for this type of challenge.

Kim said...

Lisa, that is SOOO elegant!

Sprytebyrd said...

So pretty Lisa! I love it!

Christi said...

This is perfect Lisa!!!

Ida / Little said...

GORGEOUS card! :) I love the stamp, its so adoarble, the little blings look great! :) Hugs Ida

Krümel said...

This is very pretty Lisa! The stamp is fabulous and needs nothing else to go with it to make your card look beautiful.
Hugs,
Kathrin aka Kruemel

Stephanie said...

Beautiful one layer card!

Terria said...

Very peaceful I like, excellent job!!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps