Monday, April 27, 2009

A Little Late PMS and PTW


I was so busy being sick that I didn't have time to get my PMS Monday Challenge card done for display on the PMS blog...but I did get it done! This card is actually a double challenge card.


The PMS Monday Challenge this week is to use a sketch that was designed by my fellow team member Dawn Wheeler. It is a very simple sketch--even though it uses a circle. LOL! I say that because I don't have any gizmo's that cut out circles besides my 2" scallop punch. BUT I have fabulous friends who always send me diecuts in circles, ovals, scallops and more! I love you guys! I went over the embossed edge of the funky circle with my Margarita Green BIC marker. I like the look it made.
I decided to use the butterfly from the Buggy Sayings set by Paper Makeup Stamps. The sentiment is from Stamping Bella. All this paper is from The Paper Studio and can be found at most Hobby Lobby's, except for the deep rose. That is Bazill cardstock. I think. It was in my stash...

The swirl flourish wasn't originally planned for the card...but after I made a boo-boo and got some ink on the card, I had to do something! I think it actually works quite nicely. I ran some Stickles (using Diamond) along it to make it sparkly.

Card Details
Size: 4.25" x 5.5"
Image/Sentiment: Butterfly from Buggy Sayings (PMS) and "Butterfly Wishes" (Stampingbella); Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento); Paper: CS-Rose (Bazill), CS-green and yellow (Paper Studio), PP-Girly Stripes and Girly Flowers (Paper Studio); Misc.: Stickles (listed above), buttons, light yellow ribbon, diecut circle (unknown shape), diecut flourish, "Swiss Dots" Embossing folder, dimensionals
And for another update on the upcoming Paper Makeup Stamps release--
The sneak peaks by the Design Team members (myself included) is scheduled to begin May 2nd. Then the Release Party is scheduled for May 7th. So mark your calendars!!
I'm also excited about the Stamping Bella release set for tomorrow. I have a $15 gift certificate that's burning a hole in my pocket--perfect for buying new stamps that I nee...Want! LOL!
And last but not the least, my exciting news for today is that I got to hear my new peanut's heartbeat at my doctor appointment today! I love that Bow bow bow bow bow bow bow sound! I just wanted to say "hello Baby!" I have my first ultrasound set up for next Wednesday!
Have a fabulous night! It's quite warm here still, so I've got the house windows open for a little night air and some charming music from the crickets and frogs...and a random car...

12 Words of Love:

Meli Mitchell said...

Aww, I am so happy for you, getting to hear that sweet little heartbeat tomorrow! I hope you can get some rest tonight.
As for your card, it was well worth the wait. It is absolutely stunning.

Toothy said...

I love those papers.

Karen said...

STUNNING card Lisa. Love the colours.

Love Karen xxx

Christi said...

Love this!!!

CraftyC said...

A lovely card Lisa!
Clairex

Tina said...

This is darling.

joey said...

Hiya Lisa, this is just gorgeous, I love the colours with the white and the butterfly is fab. Joey.xxx

Stampin Mindy said...

Love the bright colors and all your layers.. beautiful!

brenda said...

So very pretty, really like it (and the music I got whilst I added my comment).

Brenda x

Katie Cotton said...

this is so pretty!!!!

steph said...

Very Pretty card - lovely colours! Thanks for joining us for the PTW challenge!

Cardmaking Galore said...

Great colour scheme! Just love it

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps