Friday, April 24, 2009

Inspiration from the home


I hate it when I work on projects all week long...but can't show any of them when I get them done! LOL! Seriously, my lack of posting makes my blog look so behind, but though I was tempted I couldn't share anything until today!

I decided to try out a new challenge over on Splitcoast...the Limited Supplies Challenge (LSC217). I don't know if I really and truly limited my supplies, but we'll just say I did okay? LOL! The challenge this week was to use inspiration from our home to design our cards. I immeadiately decided to use my living room. My living room is a mix of very rich shades of brick red, olive green and rust. And boy, do I LOVE these colors together on a card! I was so tickled to see that I actually had even a piece of patterned paper that would work for this color theme!

I used the sketch over on Stamps N Smiles (aka The Fresh Batch) for my layout cause it was super cute and really easy! You can find this sketch Here. I have actually used this sketch a couple times this week, but you will have to wait to see the other card I made with it.

I used Sprout from the Beautiful Day Fairies line by Paper Makeup Stamps for this card. She is so beautiful and such fun to color! I decided to do something "new" with this card...or rather something I hardly ever do--sponging! I stamped Sprout and then sponged some Cocoa (Brilliance) for the dirt and then some Ice Blue (Colorbox) for the sky. I like the way it looks, so maybe I will try to do this more often. The image has been colored in using my BIC, Prismacolor and Sketch markers. Her wings have been dazzled with Stickles (using Stardust).

I added some gold cord to the patterned paper and to the image itself to add a bit of subtle bling, then finished the card off with paper piercing the red square and adding three gold brads. I love gold, but don't seem to use it very often. I wonder why that is...?

Card Details
Size: 5.5" x 4.25"
Image: Sprout (PMS); Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento), Ice Blue (Colorbox Liquid Chalk) and Cocoa (Brilliance); Coloring Medium: BIC, Prismacolor, and Sketch (E00) markers; Paper: CS-Red, Olive, Cream and Rust (Paper Studio) and PP-Rustic Stripes (Paper Studio); Misc.: Stickles (listed above), gold elastic cord, gold mini brads, dimensionals

I'd like to also mention that you need to keep your eyes open because the PMS DT is going to start having some sneak peaks soon for the new May Release! There are some really fabulous new stamps and you won't want to miss seeing them in action. The sneak peaks should start hitting the blogging world sometime next week so keep checking back! I and the other DT members are dying to get our hands on the new stamps! You can keep up to date about the new release and other PMS news by following the Paper Makeup Stamps blog! There's even a challenge going on right now and we would love to see more players! You do not have to use a PMS image to play, so don't let that hold you back! Here is the current challenge going on: Paper Makeup Stamps Monday Challenge: Old Coral Sun. Go check it out!

I hope you all have a fabulous weekend planned. We are expecting near 90 degree weather tomorrow and I'm tickled to death! My only concern is that I'm still going to be hoarse, snotty, and plugged in one ear! Yep, I have the leftovers of a cold that my son generously shared with me. Isn't it so nice when your children do that? LOL! Anyways, I'm hoping that warm weather will magically make it disappear so I can be back to my usual self!

Thought for the day:
Happiness is like a kiss - it feels best when you give it to someone else. ~Author Unknown


5 Words of Love:

Mrs B said...

Lisa, I love your card....you have colored the fairy so beautifully.
I have tried an inspiration challenge yet...I think I might give it a go!

Shaela said...

beautiful! I love the LSC - it boosts my creativity :)

lesleyworth said...

simply stunning!

Tina said...

She is beautiful!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Beautiful card Lisa, I LOVE how you turned the sketch & the fairy image is adorable!

Thanks for playing along with Stamps and Smiles,
Jennifer :)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps