Friday, April 10, 2009

Double Pocket Bag

I have a baby shower to go to tomorrow night. I love baby showers! This one will be for the daughter of our pastor--she's up from TX visiting her mom, so her mom decided to throw her a baby shower! I really didn't want to go out and buy her a lot of stuff, as I don't know if she drove up here or if she flew! So I decided to do something different.

I began by trying out one of the fun tutorials over on Splitcoast Stampers. This one makes a super cute Double Pocket Bag out of one 12 x 12 piece of patterned paper. Because my friend is expecting a boy, I went with a nice chocolate paper with blue, tan and white polka dots. Super cute! I used some light blue ribbon for the handles and this adoreable House-Mouse image! I found a random heart button in my stash so I used it with two other buttons. I think it looks very nice.


This bag is actually going to be my envelope. I have made two large tags to go inside each of the bag's pockets. The first card is just a blank one that I will write my message on. The second card I was a bit more creative. It actually has my gift on it. Because I know my friend loves Snapfish and likes making photo books, I opted to get her a Snapfish gift certificate. I printed it out on white cardstock and folded it in half. Then I attached it to the blue cardstock square and stamped the pacifier House-Mouse on the front. Added a bit of ribbon and a swirly clip and that was all I needed!

Here is what the bag looks like with the two tags inside of it. I think it's super cute and I know she's going to like it. I made another card too, but you have to wait until Tuesday for that one since it's part of my CCC design team stuff...

Don't forget to check out the Paper Makeup Stamps website! Katie just added a new shipment of sketch copics (fabulously priced) as well as a bunch of Kaisercraft bling!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

4 Words of Love:

Christi said...

Too cute!!!

Tina said...

This is really cute and oh so sweet!!

Toothy said...

WOW, Lisa very cute.

Elle-phan-tastic cards said...

thank you for popping by my blog. This is just gorgeous I love it x x

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps