Monday, April 06, 2009

Criss-Cross Inspiration


This bright and colorful card is my design team entry for the Monday Challenge (PMSMC06) over at the Paper Makeup Stamps blog. Our theme this week was "inspiration" and we were given a very bright and cheerful egg dying photo to get our juices rolling. I was inspired by the bright shades of the pink/red, green and blue and the silver metal of the spoon. In case you didn't notice, this card uses the same pattern and papers as the one I showed last night, but I spent much longer pulling this one together. I really like the look of the doily edge punch on this card. I used some flat backed silver metallic gems to add my touch of silver to this card. I like the "Plant & Believe" sentiment (by PMS) and opted against the typical belly band that goes with this card. I think it would have ruined the look.

I decorated the pull out piece using a strip of the floral paper for the tab. I stamped a green Swirly Tree (by PMS) at the corner and then cut out a flower from the patterned paper and attached it on top of the swirled image. I really like the way it turned out.

Card Details
Criss-Cross Tutorial
Image/Sentiment: "Plant & Believe" and "Swirly Tree" (PMS); Ink: "Coal Black" (Ancient Page) and "Olive" (Colorbox Liquid Chalk); Paper: CS-green and blue (from stash), CS-white (GP), PP-"Mandalay Stripe" and "Mandalay Flowers" (Paper Studio); Misc.: doily edge punch (marthastewart), silver adhesive gems, Sticky Strip

Make sure you stop by the PMS blog and check out the other design team samples for this challenge.

And don't forget that the official April release of the new Paper Makeup Stamps begins on Tuesday! And it will be the first Tuesday of the month Super Tuesday sale as well--which means some of the stamps will be 50% off! You don't want to miss it, so make sure you mark your calendars!

Have a beautiful day!

6 Words of Love:

Tina said...

So pretty Lisa, the edge and the bling are perfect.

Kim said...

That is so beautiful!!!!

Meli Mitchell said...

I am in love with those papers. Beautiful job!

Christi said...

That dp is fabulous!!! So pretty!

Toothy said...

Love it, I think the doily lace punch and the brads added the perfect touches. very pretty

Katie Cotton said...

beautiful card! I love how you used the tree!!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps