Monday, April 27, 2009

CCC--5 Embellishments? Can you do it?


Yes you can! Okay, okay, so can you tell I've been watching a little too much Bob the Builder with my son? LOL! So the challenge this week on Cupcake Craft Challenges is to use 5 embellishments on your card...ah, don't get too hasty...that's 5 DIFFERENT embellishments. Aha! See, now you are wondering..."Can I do it?" Yes you can, because I was able to! Think of all the different types of embellishments out there and really it's not as hard as it seems.
My card uses buttons, adhesive gems, ribbon, flowers, brads, a clip, glitter and...hey, I ended up with 7 different ones and I was only shooting for 5! LOL! I surprised even myself! This image is Lily who is one of the April Released Beautiful Day Fairies by Paper Makeup Stamps. It was my first chance go get her inked up for a card. I matched her to some ice cream paper I had sitting around and i think she turned out mighty cute! She's colored with a mix of BIC, Prismacolor and Copic (E00) markers. Her tasty ice cream is done using Stickles (Waterfall and Lime) and she has a dusting of Stickles (using Stardust) on her wings. All the colors that look a bit red--those are actually hot pink. The camera just didn't pick up the color right.
This layout is using the Stamps 'N' Smiles Sketch Challenge #12 from this week. I've already made one card with it and couldn't resist doing another one.

Card Details
Size: 5" x 7"
Image: Lily (PMS); Ink: Memento; Coloring Medium: BIC, Prismacolor and Copic (E00) markers; Paper: CS by Paper Studio and PP from the Summer Pad Pack by DCWV; Misc.: spiral clip, silver metallic adhesive gems, white satin ribbon, buttons, brad, paper flowers and Stickles (listed above)

I hope you will drop by the CCC blog and check out what the other DT members came up with this week. Everyone's cards are beautiful!


8 Words of Love:

Erin... said...

So fun!!! Great embellies! and I love that image!

Stephanie said...

Lisa,

Love your card this week, so cheerful. Great job on the challenge.
Stephanie

Kr├╝mel said...

Great card, Lisa! I love how the background paper matches your image!
Hugs,
Kathrin aka Kruemel

Karen said...

Gorjus card Lisa.

Love Karen xxx

Tina said...

How cute! How fun to add so many embellies.

Meli Mitchell said...

You certainly got all five on there and they look perfectly proportioned. great card!

Danni said...

What a great card!

Christi said...

This turned out awesome Lisa!!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps