Friday, April 03, 2009

Baskets and Babies

Happy Friday! I don't know about you guys, but I'm awfully glad the weekend is here! It's the only time I really get to spend some quality time with my family. This weekend, unfortunately, I'll only get Saturday, as my husband had to tweak his work days and has to go in on Sunday instead of Monday this week. Bummer. We have a fabulous spring rain today and since we had the beauuutiful 77+ degree day yesterday, the rain makes everything grow and smell soooo good!

I have two things to share today. The first is another cute basket that I made--but this time I actually LIKE them! They were made using a tutorial by Dawn Griffith. This tutorial is super easy and only takes about 5 minutes to whip it together. My kind of project! I haven't decorated them yet, but they will eventually have something to bling them up...All they require is a 6 x 6 piece of patterned paper and then a 1/2" x 8 1/2" strip of cardstock for the handle. How easy is that? I made mine using what I think is some patterend paper from either SU or CTMH. It was given to me in a RAK, so I don't know for sure. But it's double sideded, so the inside of my baskets are a pretty light teal.

My next pic is the card I made for this week's CCC sketch challenge. I usually don't do circles because I don't have any tools for making any larger then 1"--but a friend of mine kindly punched me out a bunch in all types of paper which is where I pulled this one from. I really wasn't sure how this card was going to come out--but I think it's kind of cute! LOL! The image is one of my newer House-Mouse stamps. I think this was only the second time I've ever inked it up! But it just went with the color theme...I totally stuck dead-on with the sketch challenge this week not tweaking anything. I just don't get too creative when it comes to circles! LOL!

Card Details
Size: 4.25" square (top fold)

Image: "Monica w/pacifier" (house-mouse); Ink: "Coal Black" (Ancient Page); Coloring medium: WC pencils w/blender pen; Paper: CS-lime (from stash), CS-blue (paper studio), CS-white (GP), PP-blue w/dots (from stash); Misc.: ribbon, brads, baby boy rub-ons, paper flower, dimensionals, "swiss dots" embossed folder

The rest of today is going to be just doing odds and ends and hopefully I can have a bit of time for a card or two.

4 Words of Love:

Callie said...

Cute Baskets... 5 min projects are right up my Alley too! Love it!!

And I think that baby house mouse card is absolutely adorable! LOVES it!

Thanks for sharing! TGIF, enjoy your weekend girl!

Toothy said...

OK, I saw the baskets at Dawn's site but since you said they were easy, I am totally going to try them now. Love the HM card too, I don't work with circles that often either. Have a nice weekend!

Ida / Little said...

5 min projects would suit me very well this weekend as I'm all out of inspiration. Your CCC card is A for adorable to, he little mouse is just so darn cute :) And the embossed swiss dots I just loooove :) Have a great weekend. Hugs Ida

Meli Mitchell said...

Very cute baskets! And that little baby card...all I can say is AWWW. That image is just precious.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps