Monday, March 09, 2009

Up in Smoke


This next card is for this week's challenge over at the Paper Makeup Stamps Blog. We were to add blingy embellishments--two types to our cards. My card has adhesive gemstones all over it. My second form of bling is in the form of Stickles on my new PMS Fairy "Emma"'s wings and the rain coming down on her umbrella. I also added a little bit of Stickles to my flourishes. I also added a bit of silver metallic highlights to her hair.

I truly love this new stamp. I have already stamped her three times and colored her three different ways! As for her hair--well, I totally see her as a funky hair dye fairy! LOL!

Card Details
Card Size: 4.25" x 5.5"

Image: "Emma"(PMS); Ink: Brilliance; Coloring: BIC, Prismacolor and Copic markers; Paper: CS-Black and Olive (Paper Studio), CS-White (GP) and PP-White with dot circles ($1 bin at Michaels); Misc.: adhesive gemstones, gem brad, paper flowers, "Waterfall" and "Stardust" Stickles, silver metallic pen, black DS ribbon, flourish die-cuts

As for the title of this blog...well, that's my little story time for tonight...

So I was working hard on this card and it was coming along sooo nicely. I chose the ribbon and sealed one end of it and then attached it before sealing the other end. So I pulled it away from the card and used my lighter to seal the end...

BUT

I caught my card on FIRE!!! I had to hurry and blow it out and then cool the embers! Oh dear me...talk about a frantic moment! I had already worked hard on it and I was NOT going to chuck it just cause of a little burnt edge! So I finished it up added an embellishment (the thing that covers a multitude of card sins) and *Viola*! No more burnt edge! LOL!

Seriously--can someone please confess that they've done the same thing?? LOL! I'm going to take another picture of this card tomorrow in natural light. I just couldn't get it looking good tonight.

Have a great night ladies!

12 Words of Love:

Sprytebyrd said...

Hah! Uh.. oh, sorry.. but, um.. that's pretty darn funny, Lisa! And, no, sorry, I can't help ya, I've never done that.. but that's because I don't seal the ends of my ribbon.. never actually occured to me! But if I ever do, I'll be thinking of you while I do!! Beautiful card, sweets! Well worth the effort!

NormaJean said...

im sorry lisa, but I did get a chuckal out of that one,gald you saved your card thou, I just use glue to seal my edges, never thought of the lighter . and your card is beautiful

sanwanyak said...

yep pretty funny!!Never caught my card on fire before but I do seal the ends of my ribbon!Glad you was able to save the card!

Callie said...

So I'm laughing at you... sorry but I just can't help it. And I'm also sorry to say that I've never caught my card on fire... I've done multitudes of other things to screw a card up... but never that! At least you saved the card... and we probably would have never known if you didn't fess up!
How's your cousin? Still in my prayers!

Debby said...

Can't say that I've done that. If I were to get a lighter anywhere paper and ribbon I'm sure the whole house would go up in smoke. Love love love your card. Very blingy ;-)

Nancy said...

Great story...I couldn't help but chuckle!!! Bling always makes everything better!!

Meli Mitchell said...

Your story gave me a giggle! I really like the colors you chose here. Beautiful!

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous card!! tfs!!
-t

Debbie Pamment said...

SOmetimes the best cards result from "little" problems - LOL - I think she's just perfect this way so guess it was meant to be!!!

Kimmie0270 said...

Cant say I've ever had a card caught on fire, but that's something to make me think now.

I LOVE how this card came out. It's so beautiful.

Cassie said...

oh lisa! it turned out really cute! and I am a big, BIG believer in "making it work"

and your card absolutely works!!!

Tina said...

Great card!!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps