Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Think Spring!


Spring is sooo close I can almost taste it! Only 16 more days! That being said, I've been in a mood to make cards that reflect my love of spring! This went well with the current challenge over at Cupcake Craft Challenge. We were to use this very cute picture to inspire our cards. Oh what fun to see those bright cheery colors! I loved looking at the design teams cards, but the card I made sorta jumped into my mind. I was inspired mostly by the soft yellows, but the flowers reminded me of how much I adore yellow flowers during the spring and the stems on the flowers added a hint of green. And so I got started.


I started with one of my favorite patterned papers. It isn't any fancy name brand, just a piece from a 12 x 12 pack I found at...Family Dollar!! LOL! I loved the shades of yellow and green this piece offered and built my entire card around it. The next step was deciding on an image and frankly it wasn't that hard! I've been using this "Sweet n Sassy" image by Sugar Nellie an awful lot lately. I don't own the stamp, so I have to rely on my friends to supply me with images, but you know, I think she's going to have to find a home with me very soon! I colored her with my BIC markers as well as using a couple of my Prismacolors. Her skin was done with my one and only Copic (skin white). I chose one of my favorite shades of green and yellow for my cardstock and layered it on a white card base. Digging through my stash of embossed cardfronts, I opted on a piece done in Swiss Dots (my fave!!). I don't remember where this ribbon came from--a SU RAK? Or maybe a great deal I found at Hobby Lobby...anyways, it was a perfect match for the card. I did the base strip first then made the bow separate and attached it at the bottom. I used some adorable little yellow flowers to bring out the yellow flower theme and mounted them with a brown metallic mini brad. The one on the bow is just attached with a glue dot. To finish out the look I lighting added some "Diamond" stickles to the image layer edge and then dabbed a bit of the same color on the big flower on her hat. My final step was to add my sentiment and I chose a simple rub-on from a Friendship pack I received through a swap. I think it really goes perfect with the look!

Card Details:
Card Size: 4.25" x 5.5"

Image: "Sweet n Sassy" (Sugar Nellie); Coloring: BIC, Prismacolor and Copic markers; Paper: CS-Green and Yellow (Paper Studio), CS- White (GP), DSP-green/yellow stripes ($1 store); Misc.: "Friendship" rub-on, Stickles, brown mini brads, mini yellow flowers, dimensionals, corner rounder, embossed (swiss dots) paper, green double stitched ribbon

I can't tell you how much I love the way this card came out! One of my faves for sure! I'm using this card as my entry into the CCC design team call, so wish me luck!

7 Words of Love:

Jilly said...

beautiful card love the image. thank you for taking part this week

craft mad Jenny said...

such a lovely card, and those gorgeous little flowers - so dainty! love them!

Cardmaking Galore said...

Really stunning card - Definitely a winner!

Ceal said...

So cute! I love Sugar Nellie stamps thanks for playing with us this week at CCC

Saskia said...

Lovely card!!!!

Saskia

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Gorgeous card, I love the colours, it definitaly has a soft spring feel to it.
xxx

Michelle said...

so so sweet and pretty...

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps