Sunday, March 29, 2009

Spring Sprout


This card is my entry for this week's sketch challenge (SASSC8) over at Stamp 'n Smiles. I really liked the layout of this sketch and when I found this patterned paper in my stash yesterday, I knew it would work perfect! This image is Sprout by Paper Makeup Stamps from their Beautiful Day Fairies Collection. She is my newest fairy from the line and is rapidly becoming a favorite! I colored her using my watercolor pencils and then blending with a blender pen. I don't like my skin tone watercolor pencils, so I just used my E00 Copic and it worked as long as I kept it away from the lines. The patterned paper is from a RAK I received awhile ago, but I think it's from a line by Stampin' Up. All I know is that I loved the colors in the paper. I used two pieces of cardstock that had been embossed with the "Swiss Dots" folder to add some texture. I added sparkle to Sprout using my trusty collection of Stickles: "stardust" on her wings, "Ruby Slippers" on her shoes and "Waterfall" on the water in her hand. If you click on the photo you will be able to see the sparkle better.

The sentiment is also from Paper Makeup Stamps and is called "Plant & Believe". It is a perfect match for this image and I really like pairing them together. I layered it in a coordinating cardstock color. The pretty white lace on the edge is some that I bought by the yard in the fabric section of Wal-Mart! I've got to find some more of that, because I just love it! Those buttons are another Wal-Mart find...just $.77 cents for a card of four!

I really am loving the colors of this card--so rich and happy!

Card Details
Size: 5.5" Square (top-fold)

Image/Sentiment: "Sprout" and "Plant & Believe" (PMS); Ink: "Coal Black" (Ancient Page); Coloring Medium: watercolor pencils, blender pen and E00 Copic marker; Paper: CS-Green and maroon (Paper Studio); CS-white (GP); PP from stash; Misc.: lace, flower buttons, stickles (listed above), dimensionals, crystal gemstones, "Swiss Dots" embossing folder and redline tape

Have a fabulous Sunday! I've got to finish my homework before going back to school on Tuesday!

12 Words of Love:

Sprytebyrd said...

Bee-utiful, as always! I HAVE to get me some of those fairies!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Beautiful design Lisa, your layout is stunning! LOVE the pretty paper and ribbon! Thanks for playing along with Stamps and Smiles, Jennifer :)

Christi said...

This is gorgeous!!!

Mercy said...

this was beautifully done, lisa! i was windering when i would see you doing another sketch challenge! LOL!

thanks for playing along with this week's sketch, and i hope to see you again next week!

{{{hugs}}}
mercy

Jodi said...

Lisa ~ Love this card! I think Sprout is my favorite fairy from Paper Makeup Stamps and I LOVE that ribbon too.

Kim said...

Lisa, she is so beautiful - everything coordinates awesome and I love love that ribbon!

Tina said...

Great job with the sketch, love Sprout!

Katie @ Paper Makeup said...

I love this sketch!!!!! Fantastic job!!!!

Kim said...

Beautiful card Lisa! Don't know if you have a Joanns store by you...but mine Joanns also sells that lace...I just picked some up a few months ago and I am in love with it too! :)
Hugs~ Kim

lesleyworth said...

Beautiful!!!

itsabrt said...

This card is wonderful and so inspiring! Beth aka BR-T

anabellpepper said...

Beautiful!! I love the papers!! Great choices!!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps