Thursday, March 12, 2009

Ribbon Weaving Revisited

I've always loved ribbon techniques whether it's in regards to bows, making flowers or just using ribbon in unusual ways. One of my most favorite techniques is that of ribbon weaving. It is sooo easy to do and really adds a very unique look to your cards. I decided to revisit this technique...

Purple Elegance

So a few of you might remember this card--my first attempt with ribbon weaving on a card. It came out beautiful and is probably one of my most favorite cards I've ever made. Since I made it I have played with different ribbon weaving designs for cards using all types of ribbon and I thought I'd share a few of the ones that I've made since this beautiful purple one.

Thanksgiving Harvest

The next one I'm sharing is one that I made at Thanksgiving. You can see that I used thinner ribbon and varied the colors a little bit more. I stuck with harvesty colors and kept with a simple image. I've found that simple images tend to allow the ribbon to shine.

Woven Silhouette

I think the hardest thing to do is just decide which ribbons to use! This card is very simple but I think the ribbons just give it a lot more depth and make it more interesting. I used 5/8" wide grosgrain ribbon for this design. The image is one of my $1 clear stamps. The paper is some I picked up at Hobby Lobby.

I really hope you will try this technique out for yourself and if you do, can you send me a link so I can see what you did? I'm working on another one which takes this idea and tweaks it a little for a challenge this week. I'll share it once it's completed.

Have a great night!

3 Words of Love:

joshua said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Sarah

http://www.lyricsdigs.com

Jessica said...

Love the ribbon! I have a couple ribbon cards in my stash. THANK YOU for the beautiful card! That was SO so sweet of you to think of me!! It made my day!

Anita Hovey said...

Ohhh. the purple one is my favorite...very nice.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps