Saturday, March 28, 2009

I {heart} Funky Monsters!


This is my entry for this week's challenge over at Cupcake Craft Challenges. Our theme this week is Monsters! I don't own a single monster stamp (that's changing soon!) so I had to ask some of my fellow PMS DT members to send me some cute images! This cute little monster is one of those images! This is Argus with his teddy. Isn't he just so cute? I colored him using my BIC and Prismacolor markers (darn stroke lines!) and matched his limey green to my patterned paper. I opted to compliment his bumps with some polka dot paper. It's a sheet from my new "Back to Basics" paper pad by the Paper Studio. The layout for this card is just using the last PMS sketch from last week's challenge (PMSSC3). The sentiment is from a Stampin' Up sentiment set "Smarty Pants." I don't own the set, but when I dug through my sentiment "images" I've been given my friends that the sentiment just worked perfectly! I finished the card with three white brads and then I added Stickles (using Lime) to them, and the sentiment.

Super cute huh? Yep, this little monster is definitely going on my wish list!

Card Details
Size: 4.25" x 5.5"

Image/sentiment: "Argus w/Teddy"(PMS) and "Friend. Good." (SU!); Coloring Medium: BIC and Prismacolor markers; Paper: CS-Lime (Colorbox), CS-White (GP), and PP-Lime Polka Dots from "Back to Basics" (Paper Studio); Misc.: large white brads, "Lime" Stickles, and dimensionals

10 Words of Love:

Sprytebyrd said...

Hah! I love this card!!!!

Christi said...

OMG!! I love everything about this!!!!

lakind said...

Very cute, Lisa! I have that sentiment set, too! Great choice!

Lisa

Tina said...

Oh my word, this is soooo cute!

Katie @ Paper Makeup said...

hehehe, this is so cute and that sentiment is just perfect!!!

Kr├╝mel said...

Your monster is a real cutie! Love how you matched him with your paper and your layout is great.
Hugs,
Kathrin aka Kruemel

Carisa said...

You are on fire baby cakes! Congrats on making the top 5. I love this little monster!

Alison said...

Great card- congrats on making the Top 5!

Ida / Little said...

UBER cute card!! :) Congrats on making the top 5 :) :) Hugs Ida

Callie said...

Very Cute! Did you see this was a top 5 card?!! Awesome girl!!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps