Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A great $1 find!


I'm always on the lookout for a great deal. I love finding little odds and ends that can be used for projects or little things to alter. Needless to say when I found some adoreable little notebooks at the local Dollar Tree, I had to snag one to play with. The little notebook ended up becomming my entry for the Paper Makeup Stamps March Party Challenge #1: 3-D Project. It was super easy to alter as I just needed to trim some cardstock, chose a patterned paper, stamp and color an image adhere it all together and *viola* a cute little notebook for my purse! It even came with the little pen which I altered by adding a little bow! Isn't it just the cutest? And don't you love my little fairy Emma with her pink hair? I just had to give her some colorful hair! *giggle* I added some stickles for puddle and rain (using Waterfall) and stickles on her wings and a bit in her hair (using Stardust) cause what's the point of being a fairy if you don't have sparkly hair??

Project Details
Size: 4" x 3 1/2"

Mini-Notepad w/Pen (Dollar Tree); Image: Emma (PMS); Ink: Galaxy Black (Brilliance); Coloring: BIC, Prismacolor and Copic markers; Paper: CS-White (GP) and PP-Brown with dots (DCWV); Misc.: Stickles (listed above), paper flowers, gemstone brad, teal grosgrain ribbon

Thanks for all the well-wishes and congrats on my pregnancy! You guys are the best support group a gal could have!

7 Words of Love:

Kim said...

Lisa, that is absolutely adorable!!!

Stampin Mindy said...

This is so cute, love the color choices. The paper is darling!

Danni said...

What a great find! super cute how you decorated it!

Jamie said...

Adorable, I love when you can find great things for $1.00

Michelle said...

lisa!..this is fantastic!
gotta love the dollar stores for things like this!
love it!

craft mad Jenny said...

such a great make,

jenny

Katie @ Paper Makeup said...

great job! I love her pink hair!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps