Friday, March 13, 2009

Friday Flippin' Flowers

Hee hee! I just thought that was a fun title for this Friday post. LOL! It actually does have something to do with a card I made today. I was blog hopping and checked out Dawn Griffith's Thursday Video for the week and fell in love with the card. It's call a Swing-Top Card and is super duper easy to make! You can find the link to Dawn's Studio with a list of the materials needed for this card HERE.

I decided to use some patterned paper that I received in a RAK and since it was bright and cheerful, I decided to make a bright and cheerful card. It's colors I don't usually use together, so that was quite fun. The photo on the left is what the card looks like closed. It measures 4.25 x 5.5 but it's just a card front. I think I'm going to attach it to a card base so that I can write on it and provide it with more stability. The second photo show how the card looks when you "flip" it open. Isn't that just the cutest design? I used my "Picking Posies" stamp from the Turtle Tots line by Stampingbella. I just love this little stamp. The sentiment comes with it and a just stamped a single flower to go next to the inside sentiment. I used my Threading Water border punch for the scallops and just inserted my brad into the far left hole instead of trying to punch a new hole. I used a light orange ribbon and a lime green ric-rac ribbon to add a bit more pizzaz to the card. I finished the card up by dabbing a bit of Stickles on the flowers.

I am defintely going to use this card design again and recommend it since it's sooo easy!

2 Words of Love:

Anita Hovey said...

Cute card... maybe THAT is what I'll do with my images LOL

Cassie said...

i saw the cute turtle peeking at me from the bottom and had to stick around to visit some more! this is super cute and adorable!!!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps