Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Coloring Verve


The card I made last night was a double challenge card. I used the sketch layout for the Verve Mojo #79 challenge and the Color challenge over at Sweet 'n Sassy Challenge #17 (SNSMC17). I really liked the sketch challenge for this week's Mojo Monday, but I wanted to try to use the color challenge offered by Sweet 'n Sassy. The color challenge was to use Pink & Orange or Pink & Brown. though I tried to do pink and orange, I ended up taking it a step further, incorporating brown in the mix too! I don't use orange very much, so matching it all up was very interesting!

I used some glitter embossed paper that I received in a RAK for the main color focus. Then I went with orange for the bright color and a bit of brown to subdue it. the image is from one of my $1 clear stamp sets I picked up at Michael's and the sentiment is a "gift" stamp I received with my first order from Verve. Once I colored in the image, I used my stickles to bring a bit more sparkle--"orange" for the orange flowers and "Pink" for the pink ones. I used my Threading water punch for the scallop at the bottom and added three tiny adhesive gems. The brown ribbon tied the whole thing off. At first I wasn't sure how it was going to look, but I must say that it seems to go together quite nicely.

Card Details
Size: 5.5 x 4.25

Image/Sentiment: "flowers" ($1 stamps) and "Thanks so much" (Verve); Ink: Cocoa and Graphite Black (Brilliance); Coloring: BIC markers; Paper: CS-Orange and Brown (paper Studio), CS-White (GP), CS-glitter embossed (from stash); Misc.: adhesive crystal gems, threading water scallop punch (fiskars), Stickles (listed above), brown grosgrain ribbon and dimensionals

7 Words of Love:

Christi said...

This is gorgeous Lisa!!!

Meli Mitchell said...

This is really beautiful. And I loved the way you photographed it!

Tina said...

Oh my gravy Lisa, this is so pretty!

Sprytebyrd said...

Wow - those colors rock! I love it!

Karen said...

Gorjus card Lisa. What a find, a stamp for $1. Beautiful.

Love Karen (UK) xxx

Cardmaking Galore said...

Lovely card and love its clean layout

Chrissy D said...

Love this - great take on the sketch and ThAnk YOU for playing in the SNS Challenge! TFS!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps