Monday, March 23, 2009

Coloring outside my box...


I, like many of you, have certain colors that I stay clear of. It's not that I don't "like" them in as much as they don't "speak" to me. That's why I think it's important to force myself to use the colors now and then for cards. Last night was one of those nights. I had colored this cute digi image Jack (by Paper Makeup Stamps) and then realised I had colored him with colors I wasn't sure I had in patterned paper. But I dug around and found one lone design that worked. But the colors in this paper are not colors I use together. Like ever. But I decided it was time to buckle down and do something with them. And so my entry for this week's Sketch Saturday Challenge was created.

The original sketch uses four squares at the colors, but I like the look of the circles better since Jack is playing with rocks. I had to add the flowers because I just needed something "normal" in the midst of this abnormal color combination--and because I made a boo-boo on one corner! LOL! I'm not totally loving this card because the colors bug me--but I am leaving it be because I don't hate it either!

Card Details
Size: 5" Square (top-fold)
Image: Digi Jack (PMS); Coloring: BIC, "Cool Grey 30%" Prismacolor, and "Skin White" Copic Markers; Paper: CS-Rust, blue and Green (Paper Studio), CS-White (GP), and PP-Stripes (DCWV); Misc.: fabric flowers, mini copper brads, dimensionals, 1" round punch, "Diamond" Stickles, and "Swiss Dots" embossed folder

9 Words of Love:

Kim said...

You're silly - that card is AWESOME!!!!

sanwanyak said...

What a great card!I think the colors are great!

Michele said...

Fabulous card. Love the image and the colours you've used. Michele x

Teresa aka Laxmom111 said...

The colors you used go very well together, it's always good to challenge yourself every once in a while. I like how you used your embossed paper too!

Tina said...

I really like these subdued colors with this image. Well done!

Christi said...

This is fantastic!! I love those colors!

Sandra said...

Fab card. Love the image and the choice of colours, So glad you were brave and blogged this one... those colours work so well together.
Hugs
Sandra xx

Karen said...

Stunning card Lisa.

Love Karen xxx

lakind said...

This is adorable, Lisa, and I love the dp! Great challenge for you!

Lisa

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps