Monday, March 16, 2009

Brown + 1 Challenge

Just when you thought I was done for night! LOL! No seriously this will be my last post for today cause I've "forgotten" to do some homework for school tomorrow in my eager efforts to allow my mojo to flow! I still have to finish reading one of my young adult lit books so I'll be able to discuss it in class tomorrow. I have a short summary paper due too, but I can work on that between my classes. Yes, I know I'm a serious procrastinator. LOL!

This week's challenge over on Cupcake Craft Challenge was Challenge #31: Brown +1. Our instructions was to use one of the following combos when creating our cards: Brown & Green, Brown & Pink or Brown & Blue. Now I would usually go for the Brown & Pink because those colors just call to me...that is why I tried to choose one of the other combos and opted with Brown & Blue.

This morning I received a fabulous envelope stuffed full of Bella images from my friend Carol AND another one from my friend Diane! I love these ladies!!! I was tickled to find one of my favorite Bellas, Miss Butterflyabella, in Carol's pack of goodies! Yay me! LOL! I decided to use this image for the CCC challenge and colored it accordingly. Then I dug in my papers and found this gorgeous butterfly paper which just happened to be brown and blue! How awesome was that?! I matched it with some blue and brown cardstock and then pulled the card together. It's a bit of an unusual layout, but I really really like it! I finished it off which some brown grosgrain ribbons, a few adhesive gems, the "butterfly wishes" sentiment and then I punched out a brown butterfly. I treated everything with Stickles--Stardust on the outline edges, Cinnamon on the brown butterfly and Waterfall on the blue butterfly--and called it done!

Card Details:
Size: 4.25" x 5.5" (side fold)
Image/Sentiment: Butterflyabella and "butterfly wishes" (stampingbella); Coloring: BIC, "Cool Grey 30%" Prismacolor and "skin white" Copic; Paper: CS-blue (from stash), CS-Brown (Paper Studio), CS-White (GP) and PP-"Butterflies-blue and brown" (Paper Studio); Misc.: brown grosgrain ribbon, mini adhesive gems, butterfly punch, Stickles (listed above) and dimensionals

12 Words of Love:

Heather said...

this is just Beautiful!!! I too chose to use brown and blue. I normally would have opted for the pink and brown .. but wanted to step out of my box a bit:) Your card is fantastic. I love the papers!

Danni said...

Wonderful card!! Love the layout you used!

lakind said...

Great card, Lisa! Love the offset dp! And that dp is perfect for your bella!

Lisa

cathscustomcreations said...

ohhh I like your card! Thanks for the nice comment about my blog banner..its actually a shelf in my scrapbook room! :-) I am addicted to primas and stickles! hahhaha!
Hugs and keep in touch!
Cath

Sprytebyrd said...

I love it! Very pretty! I'm hoping to get to this challenge tomorrow.. but I'm thinking brown and green :o) Love that layout!!

LINDA said...

Beautiful card..Love the image,and the DP is awesome..Very lovely blog you have here..
Hugs, Linda

Christi said...

This is fantastic!! I was just thinking about what I wanted to do for this challenge! Thanks for the inspiration!!

Carisa said...

I love how you did a dark blue/brown - I normally see light blue/brown. I was hoping to get to this challenge tonight -- maybe tomorrow... yours is beautiful!

Tina said...

Lovely card, the Bella is awesome!

Christina said...

You've been tagged! Check out my blog entry to see what to do! http://christina-nurse-scrapper.blogspot.com/2009/03/kreativ-blogger-award.html

Steph said...

What a totally fab card! I adore Stamping Bellas too!! I love the colour combination you've used and the layout is fantastic. Thanks for dropping by my blog, I'll definately be back to visit your's again soon x

Cardmaking Galore said...

Lovely card! great colour combo

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps