Sunday, March 22, 2009

Bright and Cheerful


Here is my entry for this week's challenge over at House Mouse Monday Challenge. It was a sketch challenge this week and you can find it Here. You can see that for my take on the sketch, I turned the sketch and shrunk my circle...I was really happy to see that there wasn't more then one circle in this sketch as I don't have the items needed to cut them out. I gleefully used my scallop circle punch for this one. This image is one of my faves from House-Mouse. It's called "Balloon Journey" and is one of the larger stamps. Perfect for a 5 x 7 card. I used some more paper from the fabulous DCWV Pad for the stripes and dots. All the cardstock is by Paper Studio and I paper pieced each of the balloons using the coordinating cardstock and then used dimensionals to pop them up. For sparkle, I coated them all with "Stardust" Stickles. This pic was taken before the balloons were dry and today those balloons are just sooo sparkly! My little bunny was colored using my Cool Grey 30% Prismacolor marker. My white gel pen added the dots and the stitch marks. Those super cute brads were from a set I bought at Wal-Mart of all places! Totally love them!

Card Details
Size: 5" x 7"
Image: "Balloon Journey" (HM); Ink: Galaxy Black (Brilliance); Coloring: BIC and Prismacolor markers; Paper: CS-green, orange, red and blue (Paper Studio), CS-white (GP) and PP-dots and stripes (DCWV pad); Misc.: Stickles (listed above), striped brads (K&Co), white gel pen, round scalloped punch (marvy), "swiss dots" embossed folder, red grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals

Have a great Sunday and "Happy Mother's Day" to all the UK ladies out there!

4 Words of Love:

Danni said...

Fun, fun card!

Sprytebyrd said...

So cute!! I love the balloons!

LINDA said...

WOW!!! This is just Fabulous!!!Love it!!!
Hugs, Linda

Carmen O. said...

Too cute! Love the brightness of this.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps