Sunday, March 15, 2009

Blog Hopping in the Rain

First off I'm super excited about today! It's the official Paper Makeup Stamps Release Party! Woot! Woot! We are going to having a blast today starting at about 3pm EST over on the group site at Paper Craft Planet. There is going to be challenges, games, prizes and even a one day only digi stamp for grabs! And not only that the new Design Team will be announced which is sooo very exciting for all those ladies who submitted entries (including me!)!

I am very happy with my card to share as part of the blog hop today and as part of the Stamps and Smiles Challenge #6. This card took me FOREVER to make yesterday cause I added a lot of details above and beyond my usual card. The first thing I did was pull out this fabulous dot patterned paper. It was in one of my DCWV paper pads and I just loved the color combo. I opted on navy, orange and olive green as my cardstock colors as they really matched fabulously! The stamp is from the latest release by Paper Makeup Stamps called "Emma" and I think she is just one of the cutest fairies ever! I stamped her three times: on white cardstock, on orange cardstock and on olive cardstock. I then colored the image that was on the white cardstock with BIC markers. I stuck with the colors on my patterned paper, and then added in the hair and skin tones. Once this was done I very very carefully and slowly cut out the gloves and boots from the orange cardstock and the umbrella from the green cardstock and paper pieced them to the image on white cardstock. Those gloves were a pain, but the look was worth it. I went over the lines on the green umbrella with a black metallic gel pen. I added glitter in the form of Stickles to her wings (using "Stardust") and to the rain (using "Diamond") and then added some under her feet (using "diamond" again). If you click on the pic, you will be able to really see the sparkle. I used a zigzag stitch to go around the edge of the mounted patterned paper and then adhered everything to the card base. I finished the card off with two navy buttons and then stamped the sentiment (also from PMS) at the bottom of the card using a silver from the Brilliance Metallics Inks collection.

Card Details
Size: 5" x 7"
Image/Sentiment: "Emma" and sentiment (PMS); Ink: "Galaxy Black" and "Starlite Silver" Brilliance; Coloring: BIC markers, "Skin white" Copic, "Brick Beige" and "Cool Grey 30%" Prismacolor; Paper: CS-Navy, Orange and Olive (Paper Studio), CS-White (Georgia Pacific), PP-Dots (DCWV pad); Misc.: black and silver metallic gel pens, Stickles (listed above), dimensionals, buttons, navy thread, white pen (signo)

I'm seriously in love with this card and I hope you like it too!

Are you ready to do some more Paper Makeup Stamps blog hopping? If you are then feel free to check out any of the ladies listed below and keep on hopping and don't forget to show them some love!

PMS Blog Hop List
Lisa Kind
Jennifer Greco
Tangii Crain
Danyel Owens
Dawn Knight
Melissa Craig
Ashley newell
Ceal Pritchett
Tina Hale
Jamie Morris
Shannon Bracken
Cheryl Penner
Tenia Nelson
Nancy Bush
Joni Wilson
Kimberlee Doktor
Sara Henton
Cassie Larson
Shaela Odd
Heather Lee-Reppen
Kim Stewart
Brandi Burns
Tina B.
Christi Thorsen

and don't forget our PMS stamp creator Katie Cotton

Happy Hoppin'!!

34 Words of Love:

Nancy said...

I love your card, Lisa!!! Thanks for such a great blog hop!!

Tina said...

Oh my word, she is gorgeous!

Kim said...

Great job with the Bic Markers and I love your paper choices.

Brandi said...

I'm diggin' the dots! Love your card!

Smiles,

Brandi

Tenia Nelson said...

Lovely card!!! tfs!!
-t

Ryann said...

All that extra work paid off - wonderful card!!

Dawn Mercedes said...

Ooh! I love paper piecing! Great layout and thanks for taking the time for all the details!

Christi said...

This is beautiful!! I love the stitching!!

Ashley said...

What a gorgeous card! I love the papers and the stitching!

Cassie said...

oh lisa - this is wonderful!!! the paper piecing is a wow look for sure!! and i love the glitter rain!!

i also love the daily verse you have at the top of your blog page! see you at the party!

lakind said...

Wow! You really went to town on this one! I can't believe all the intricate cutting you did! This is probably my fav fairy as well! Love what you've done with her!

Lisa

Cheryl said...

This is awesome! I love all the bright colors!

Expressions of a Creative Mind said...

Really cute, like what you did with Emma

Melissa Craig said...

Oh it's just lovely!

~*Joni said...

OMgoodness Lisa! I think you just sold me on Emma. She is a must have with April showers right around the corner! Your dots are sooo pretty with her, and I love all the details you added. Awesome blog, btw, the colors and dots are so super hip!

Danni said...

Very pretty!!

Meli Mitchell said...

I think the paper piecing is worth it too, I love the *feel* it gives to a card. I am also feeling the color combo just like you! Perfect job!

Anita Hovey said...

WOW fab details Lisa...You cut out the boots & gloves? WOW.

Shaela said...

love the card!

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

I don't have ANY of these lovely fairy stamps but can see I'll have to make a purchase soon! Too sweet!

Tonya said...

LOVE it! This is a really gorgeous card. I adore that image!

Tangii Crain said...

Very cute Lisa, I love those colors! Great job and I love the "puddle" under her feet :)

Katie @ Paper Makeup said...

i love the layers! fab job!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Great card Lisa!! LOVE the pretty layout and beautiful detail.

Thanks for playing along with Stamps and Smiles, Jennifer :)

Christi Snow said...

awww, this card is just fantastic! I love it!

Jennifer (SCS: jennifer-g) said...

Cute cute cute!!! LOVE the colors, the papers you used, what fabulous coloring. Just a fabulous card.

Shannon said...

Loving the bright colors you used!!

Heather said...

Lisa, your card is gorgeous! Have fun with the hop and thank you so much for the well wishes:) hugs!!

Lindsay Spencer said...

So cute! I really love the rich colors and detail.

Ceal said...

sweet card I Love polka-dots!

Heather said...

This is wonderful. I love the colors you chose!

Jamie said...

She is gorgeous!! I just adore all the bright colors.

Dawn said...

this is gorgeous and i can't wait to work with you on the DT!

Sonia Kertznus said...

WOW! This is one cute card... love everything about it... HUGS..SK :)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps